RCU Forums - View Single Post - What you think of my step dads project boat?
Old 01-08-2006, 11:47 PM
jw637362
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What you think of my step dads project boat?

Cool looking boat so Far but I am in total agreement with Ron, Take a look at the pictures I have posted of my install. I set up all my OB's this way, always have.
Very simple and Very effective, Absolutley Not on the single rod for steering, Your boat will not turn freely, it will bobble, be uncontrollable in the turns unless you use a very large rod and is secured multiple places. Set it up as a pull - pull system.
The throttle linkage sleeve must have two anchor points to work on an outboard. Near the servo and one ON the engine itself. If it is not anchored on the engine. it will vary throttle changes on its own as you turn, you turn right and it will go full throttle, turn left and it will got to low throttle etc on it's own. Not critical but I run two metal gear servos in series for turning, a standard servo will strip the in a bad turn.

Just some things to think about to save alot of headaches!! Definately waterproof everthing. You WILL flip it eventually, we all have and the 7.5 running correctly will jump out of the water when you hit some waves.

Jeff
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us55282.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	384015   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr53876.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	384016