RCU Forums - View Single Post - Is it smart to fly with Hitec servors in My bigbird?
Old 01-17-2006, 08:59 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Is it smart to fly with Hitec servors in My bigbird?

Bob,

Thank you for the clarification. I can't vouch for the new case tops, but so far JR has never lied to me. Judging from past experience the veracity of their statements should not be in doubt. I did not then or now want to get into a "who's better" type of discussion. Just to let ya know, I lost a plane to the other guy. Haven't had a problem to date (other than one self induced) by the new guy.

My opinion anymore is use what has treated you best in the past and that which you have the most experience with. It's a comfort level thing. Affordability should not be part of the equation. If it is the user is in over their head and should step back for a moment and reconsider the fiscal effects of a possible airframe loss, from whatever reason.

Aside from that, test each component as best as you can and verify that the intallation was done correctly with minimal resistance, while always paying attention to pre and post flight checks. Follow that course and any servo used that fits the required standards should work fine. No one can guarantee that every product will work perfectly every time.