RCU Forums - View Single Post - The unofficial Home of all that is Nitro Vee...
Old 01-18-2006, 06:06 PM
Vertical3-D
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The unofficial Home of all that is Nitro Vee...

Ok first I'd like to state I love my nitro vee, great sport boat with the proper tweakings, second if the the shockwaves and others have there own thread why not the nitro vee, and third I believe the boat can be pushed to its limits and pass other rtr boats easily....Ill start this with my mods, I have a prop shaft kits from offshore electrics(40mm CF prop, works perfect), a macs 2.5cc tuned pipe(stock header pipe for now, tubed one later to come), a carb off a .25 magnum airplane motor(direct fit, tons better), upgraded cooling (see pics), and a 5 cell duratrax reciever battery which is 5 2/3A cells, works perfect even with the RTS, and finally a TQ transmitter(no more two stick garbage). it really flys now, Plenty fast for sprot boating, I'll GPS it when it gets nicer out, lots of wind now, which brings me to my story to start the thread...So I'm at the pond, 15-20mph winds blowing strait down the pond, I toss it out and get on the throttle, make a few slow laps, a little darty going into the wind whic was expected, so I start running it out, drop the hammer into the wind, speed peaks out, catches a wave, and we have LIFTOFF, It had 2 feet of day light under it as i watched it flip over and land upsidedown, runs a second, shuts off, and drifts in withough taking on much water at all(suprising, it was in the water 10-15 minutes) emptied it out(like half cup of water max). took about 5 minutes to get it to fire again, guess it got some water in it, dfired up and off it went again...this is why i love this boat so much, works great, it flips no prob, stall no prob...nice...below are pictures of my set up(will upload later) please if you have one of these or are interested, or just have an opinion heres the place...Thanks for the interest...

...Lets take these things to the next level...