RCU Forums - View Single Post - Stocking up on balsa
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2006, 08:48 AM
Joe14580

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stocking up on balsa

Guys,

Thanks for your replies [8D] .

My first plane IS an ARF as I don't want to get too emotionally attached if I crack it up even though I'm getting in my Sim time and will be using an instructor if spring ever gets here [:@].

From these forums, I'v learned that I need to buy 1 or 2 each of all the small spare parts on the plane for my field kit (e.g. wheel collars, props, clevises, screws etc). Additionally, from these forums, I've determined there are a number of fix-ups/improvements needed for my plane (a PTS P-51) to make it more durable/safer etc. Some of those improvements involve installing bracing at critical areas. I have my LHS list of stuff, I was simply thinking I might add a few misc. bits of wood to jump-start my stock, in addition to that which I'll need to make the improvements.

Man, these LHS's really nickle and dime you on the small stuff !!! I know these guys aren't getting rich off of this, but there's definitely good profit margin on the small items. You leave there $30 poorer carrying 2 ounces of product [X(] . Aaaaaaaaargh !