RCU Forums - View Single Post - ST2300 Testing and Experimenting
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2006, 08:05 PM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: My 2300 only likes one prop

ORIGINAL: buzzingb

Very interesting! One thing to consider is that the older version of this engine is different from the new one and some information on the net is for the old version. The pattern flyiers also use a tuned pipe on the 2300 thus allowing them to run a slightly larger prop. If you don't run a tuned pipe, you don't need the 18X8. Although the 2300 will spin the 18X8 it will be slow to revup and may even add to the mid-range problems with the extra loading. If you want to peen the end of the Bisson pitts muffler you can easily make a clamp out of wood and use a vise to clamp the muffler and hammer the ends to reduce the size of the exhaust openin. Done this way the muffler looks stock except for the opening being smaller. It will give more back pressure and you will see little or no reduction in power. One thing do with this and other engines is to remove the backplante and flush out the particles left in there from the factory. I did this and removed a considerable amount of stuff.

----------------

Other than the groove configuration in the throttle barrel, how is the old G2300 different from the new version?

At the time the G2300 was popular in pattern, the effort was to move away from tuned pipes because of their peakiness and to run mufflers. Most of the data I have seen collected in this regard utilized mufflers, not pipes.

If you richen the high speed or low speed needle, you richen the midrange too. As I explained in a previous post, utilizing too much nitro in a two-stroke glow engine will cause you to overly richen the high speed needle in an effort to retard the timing, which then can lead to a rich midrange. Reducing nitro to 5% or less puts the carb back into calibration.