RCU Forums - View Single Post - Wing and Stabilizer arrangement for aerobatics
Old 03-01-2002, 11:14 PM
Tex Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wing and Stabilizer arrangement for aerobatics

If you take a look at the jet on your Pic on your user name...... you will see how we do our latest aerobatic project. I like to call it a t-tail. It is however not really a t-tail as it (the stab) is not quite to the top of the fin. The wing is on the thrust line with 1 degree positive and the horizontal stab is 0 degree from the datum line. These are some really stable....... yet aerobatic planes that will perform like crazy...... yet almost land themselves. If I knew how to download a pic... I would send you one of the plane in the bones........ ready to cover. It is the third in this series of experimentals we have built. The first suffered a catrastophic failure of the crystal on the third flight. The second is still providing very good service........ and the third we changed up a bit to see what would come of it..... ie ( about a 20% airfoil that is not quite symetrical.... with just a bit of a flat area to give a little extra lift). Hope this is what you are talking about...... if not I appologize. Tex