RCU Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan Mini Nitro Buggy - My Latest Mini
Old 02-05-2006, 04:26 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Vulcan Mini Nitro Buggy - My Latest Mini

ORIGINAL: InArms
Is there any micro racing in Vegas, either carpet or dirt?
A new INDOOR electric track should be opening soon--both ozite and dirt. It is planned to race Micros and Minis as well and they are both starting to pick up here since most of the racers are awaiting the opening of the new track. Come this summer when the temps are over 110+F, the 15,330 square foot of indoor RC track should be quite busy! The sad thing is when I had a track set up for 6 months, not as many people were attracted to minis around here. Ironically, people now tell me they didn't know about the set up yet I had Radio Shack employees find me at midnight racing Kyosho Mini-Zs. Some of my RCP Track my also find its way to the new indoor track.
http://www.cutting-edgerc.com

Finishline, one of the local off-road tracks is also going to add a mini-offroad track. I'm also assuming that is because the owner realizes more and more racers are purchasing micros and minis since they are bringing them to the local off-road races. Right now, I usually just run on their 1/8th scale track during practice like more and more people. Basically, a lot of people were amazed at how fast my brushless KMI is and are starting to pick up minis. It also doesn't help when LHS try to push Duratrax and offer little Kyosho support--However, the new hobby store also carries Kyosho, Mugen, Cen, etc and will order parts where some won't since they appear to catter to Hobbico.

ORIGINAL: mayhem maniac
TNB, I'm currently looking for a cheap KMI roller
Try the market place or better yet, there is another forum that specializes in the "halfeight" where there may be one for trade or for sale. "Halfeight" is a big hint by the way. As a reminder, no selling or trading is allowed in the RCU Forums.