RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sharma diesels
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2006, 09:12 AM
AMB

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Sharma diesels

Juxy2 Just a friendly poke at you guys Paul Landels from Just Engines was over here several years ago and we met, I invited him to go flying at our field he flew a couple of my planes, I had a spare transmitter which I set for Mode 1 he was pleasenty surprised, my Irvine
53s and 46 Mark llls were set up with muffler pressure to the tank and he remarked "we do not do that" they suck on their own I gather thats being going on for 50 years "Tradition" I had even changed the Carb on my PAW 40 to an MVVS and did the same thing ( it is a great engine) but the carb change gave me a much better Transition, I was on vacation a number of years ago "across the pond" nad had a great time hope to do it again soon..An other incident occurred with a very good friend of mine who is English and was visiting
her family on a "Holiday: over there She went into a small candy shop to buy some Toffee to bring back and said I will take all of it"
the shop owner replied NO " if you buy it all there will be none for others" This must have turned into a Monty Python thing quite
friendly of course NO she only got Half of what was in the display case to bring back martin