Community
Search
Notices
Everything Diesel Discuss R/C Diesel engines here.

Sharma diesels

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 04:08 PM
AMB

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sharma diesels

Ok did it again 3 new diesels coming sharma 09,15,19 from Just engines understand they are much improved
These damn diesels are quite addictive, Also ran the ASP 12 diesel conversion today against the Enya CX11D only time for one prop davis ABC fuel zinger 9x4 ASP 11020 RPM Enya 10400 both of course great runners good throttle no load ups the ASP however is quieter martin
Old 02-06-2006, 04:14 PM
johnvb-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sharma diesels

Looking forward to hearing how the Sharmas go.
Old 02-06-2006, 04:35 PM
SGC

Be interesting as to your findings , there was Baki in this thread with problems with a 15 :- http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3104846/tm.htm . May i ask as to there price Dan ?
Stewart
Old 02-06-2006, 08:14 PM
AMB

Let you guys know maybe a week to get here, Paul is working on a muffler system guess a PAW takeoff with a collector ring my guess
a clamshell thing that bolts up 2 halfs
Actually getting 4 of them he sending me a Factory Tuned one also to test on approval which I can keep and buy or return I do not know
which size
price in order GBP 52,55,60 total GBP 157 -15% VAT approx 142GBP x1,78 to convert to US$ about $253 I might get lucky and get a 5% discount for buying all 3 which will bring the lot down to about $240US ??? martin
Old 02-06-2006, 08:20 PM
AMB

Let you guys know maybe a week to get here, Paul is working on a muffler system guess a PAW takeoff with a collector ring my guess
a clamshell thing that bolts up 2 halfs
Actually getting 4 of them he sending me a Factory Tuned one also to test on approval which I can keep and buy or return I do not know
which size ,Martin

Stewart I was on the phone with Paul and he told me about them they are on the JE diesel site now I did not ask the price when I ordered them but looks like my master Card will take a bit of a hit prices above on above post

His also looking around to find a maker to produce a decent Mills replica (i guess the Brit thing)
Old 02-06-2006, 09:55 PM
SGC

Martin, its not just a Brit thing , a good Mills.75 is a joy to use, 1 flip starts big range of prop sizes throttle back well on compression screw. Wish I still had the original Mill's from my youth.
Old 02-07-2006, 05:16 AM
juxy2

What is this Brit thing ?? Alan
Old 02-07-2006, 09:12 AM
AMB

Juxy2 Just a friendly poke at you guys Paul Landels from Just Engines was over here several years ago and we met, I invited him to go flying at our field he flew a couple of my planes, I had a spare transmitter which I set for Mode 1 he was pleasenty surprised, my Irvine
53s and 46 Mark llls were set up with muffler pressure to the tank and he remarked "we do not do that" they suck on their own I gather thats being going on for 50 years "Tradition" I had even changed the Carb on my PAW 40 to an MVVS and did the same thing ( it is a great engine) but the carb change gave me a much better Transition, I was on vacation a number of years ago "across the pond" nad had a great time hope to do it again soon..An other incident occurred with a very good friend of mine who is English and was visiting
her family on a "Holiday: over there She went into a small candy shop to buy some Toffee to bring back and said I will take all of it"
the shop owner replied NO " if you buy it all there will be none for others" This must have turned into a Monty Python thing quite
friendly of course NO she only got Half of what was in the display case to bring back martin
Old 02-07-2006, 06:50 PM
juxy2

We're a strange bunch Martin but we do love our little diesels. Feel free to have a friendly poke anytime. Alan
Old 02-07-2006, 07:18 PM
AMB

Alan things are really the same this side of the pond too I love my diesels big and small 055 paw thru 90 conversions Its a flip to go ti the field a couple of flips or short burst with the starter ( I know you guys do not use starters on diesels) but much easier on the fingers
with the 40 thru 90 class. and have some one ask where is the glow plug or battery to start it and prop size change?? just adjust the compression I am quite surprised that they are not in greater use here.it does not get much easier than this Martin
On a more serious note on the Iraq situation you folks and the Aussies are our only true allies and your RAF took some big losses there
I am remarried but my first wifes father perished when his spitfire was overwelmed by a bunch of ME109s over the English coast
martin
Old 02-15-2006, 02:52 PM
barkai

Martin
Do you made a test run to those Sharam's engine?
Do you try to rase the nose up antest the RPM changing?
I have some problems with the 2.5 cc Sharma disesel.
Regards
Barkai
Old 02-15-2006, 09:48 PM
AMB

Barkai I have not gotten them delivered yet But if anything like the PAWs if tank pickup higher than carb will have problems a little lower ok martin Also on the other posts on the exhaust PAW mufflers fit martin