RCU Forums - View Single Post - The unofficial Home of all that is Nitro Vee...
Old 02-07-2006, 04:06 PM
Vertical3-D
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The unofficial Home of all that is Nitro Vee...

No, I didnt run it with the duals, its more like an airplane muffle than a tuned pipe, these little engines are small and high strung so they can beifit from the pipe a lot....I did see a guy that used a tuned pipe, then from that ran it through an aftermarket pipe for the nitro vee which had dual chrome tips slash cut of(these where on ebay for a little while so maybe there is one on there), But I was more for the performance and the tuned pipe has a nice exhaust tone(if you like screaming nitros)...im sure its alot louder than stock so if noise is a problem then id say dont, no probs with the electronics yet, there is decent room though in the pics it looks like its laying on them, the support at the back of it holds it up, I also have now made a wooden plate that covers the back where the exhaust holes were, looks better now than it did, once i paint it( maybe tonight....i hope) ill get some pics up and you can see it...im not quite sure what you mean about watter on the side?...It gets some in when it runs but the servos sit up off the hull and the reciever is bagged(battery sits above the bootom of the hull too)..look into a rechargable pack, cuz the RTS will eat through AA cells every few outings, worse if its not tuned right...also for the water, i dont worry bout it really jsut empty the stuff thats in the out after every run...I flipped it and it still stayed afloat till it drifted in, though it took a good 5-10 minutes to get it started(i think i got water in the fuel for something, but i got it then and it has been fine since...actually it idled for at least 45 seconds upside down till it starved of fuel...they have foam in the front to prevent total sinking but a fishing pole to retrive it or an electric boat to push it in isnt a bad idea(if its choppy or windy, cuz RTS does nothing when its belly up like a dead fish)...anyway ill get more pics when its painted