RCU Forums - View Single Post - BRIO Construction by the numbers
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2006, 11:38 PM
Don Szczur
My Feedback: (1)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: BRIO Construction by the numbers

To repair the fuselage that has been crushed by your air compressor. As far as I can tell, thin CA, the kind that does not attack foam (for the parts that have foam in the middle) would be best, and then a combination of medium and thin CA for the other fiberglass sections. The fiberglass is so thin that this would be my best recommendation to avoid weight pickup. Not familar with how bad its smooshed.

Now the wings and stab are completed. The last step, which was the easiest one, was to CA hinge the control surfaces. Basically a drop of thin CA on the top and then a couple drops on the bottom of each hinge and its done. I've done everything I could think of for the fuselage.

Time to move on to the next one. When I took it out of the box I noticed that the canopy did not fit on perfectly. It required a piece of balsa to spread the back part of the canopy, then after filing the holes some, got a very nice fit. The half circle tabs on each side will allow the front side portions to match perfectly.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51851.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	407174   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy77961.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	407175   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl20119.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	10.6 KB