RCU Forums - View Single Post - Decisions, decisions....
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2006, 11:43 PM
RWTDGhost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Decisions, decisions....

ORIGINAL: Themadtanker

Look "with HL well you get what you pay for", how many times have I read this statement, over and over again, I have one, what a load of crap, low quality plastic, with stationary idlers, electronics are just junk, gearboxes are junk, it's just a cheap mass produced bunch of junk.

You could put loads of cash into upgrading one, but why, when you could simply go buy a quality Tamiya tank cheaper than you can rebuild a junk long.

PS…. The China manufacturers know all too well that their line of tanks are crap, just look at the sprockets and idlers....what colour are they new..... Silver, as if they are made of metal, but in reality only cheap plastic and all the fake functions listed on the box that stated that the tank did and almost do now in this second production line!

If the manufacturers cared about this RC Tank, then why are the gears in the gearboxes still plastic? In addition, why are the circuit boards still not covered properly to protect them from dirt?

Answer; they just don’t care; people are buying the junk so why improve the quality.

Look, I own a heng long tiger and its worked fine for me so far. Im not rich so spending $600 on a RC isnt realistic for me right now. I dont really care that is has plastic bits and pieces, as they can (and have) been upgraded on my tank for under $150. (including tracks) Would I recommend one of the HL tigers for someone getting into this hobby? Of course! What kind of idiot spends $600 on something they've never tried before?! Anyways, Im just tired of all these "tank snobs" (for lack of a better word) shooting down the only thing in my budget at the moment. It works and I can upgrade it as I get more money. Rant mode off