RCU Forums - View Single Post - BRIO Construction by the numbers
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2006, 05:22 PM
F.Imbriaco
My Feedback: (56)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: BRIO Construction by the numbers

I agree with Eric in that if we pay good money for an ARC or an ARF , the alignment and measures should be on or very close to it . I think Don has discovered exactly the reason for measurement discrepancies... the left /right components ( stab ,elevators, and wings are not exactly the same size. I get a chuckle every time I play my Sam Turner produced tapes on building a pattern wing because he coined a the phrase "Identicalize everything ". It ain't possible with an ARC or ARF because one has to start the process of identicalizing right from the foam cores. The fuse requires it's alignment (wing tube, sleeve , vertical fin , thrust lines, etc. )on a dead flat table or piece of slate. A video by Bob Noll " Perfect Airframe Alignment " is familiar to many of us and expounds alignment techniques that start at the very beginning.I 'm finishing up a Focus 2 ARC which was built quite well by the Piedmont sub-contractor in China but I couldn't figure why I had trouble aligning until I discovered different sized wings - the fault of too wide a tip on one side . Fortunately for me , I little sandpaper did the trick - I later discovered the wings at the roots where off by an 1/8". Frankly , my caliber of flying won't benefit as much as it would for you guys, but I think at $1400 for an ARC and $1795 for an ARF, there should be relative precision .Can't wait to see an Oxyi Model in person and would love to take some measures in the shop to see what $3 grand buys - in photos they look as though American Honda built them - STUNNING !