RCU Forums - View Single Post - BRIO Construction by the numbers
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2006, 07:34 PM
Eric.Henderson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BRIO Construction by the numbers

Frank,
I did not want to go "religious" on this and I do not want to undermine what Don is doing. Sharing like he is doing is a great service to us all.

On a bunch of IMPACT's and on pro-built BRIOs I know that the rudder is being discarded from the get-go. The reason being that they are too heavy by several ounces. I didn't like that either, but maybe I could live with it if the planes were being built for me. With the IMPACT it was an easy choice, With the BRIO you have to cut off the rudder that is already pre-hinged, open up the tailpost and fit a new one. Not what I would expect forthat money.

I am not sponsored by anyone so when I write about stuff I am free to say what I like and don't like without getting into "support" issues with the sponsors. I may take som eheat but it doesn't affect my support, unless they are in the judges chair behind me. When I like something I tell everyone and when I find a problem I tell the supplier to give them a chance to fix it. If I need to warn people about something I can do so freely. A case in point, when I told everyone to add a 4" FG bandage on the center of the ICEPOINT wings.

In this thread I was responding to, (barfing at) the suggestion/statement that all would be well if none of the alignment/measurment issues were taken care of/fixed.

The PINNACLE accuracy claims are very solid. I found all of the wings and stabs to be interchangeable, Two fuselages and three sets of wings could make any plane combo that you wanted. Of course you paid for that, but you actaully got what you expected.

the other side of the coin is that when you have a plane built, you may never know how straight it is. If it flies well then who cares? But check out the radio mixes that some folks are using to get them to go well. And then ask me to show you code 64 on my 10X for the Pinnacles. Ask Troy as well.

Eric.