RCU Forums - View Single Post - .25 Club Racing
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2006, 01:36 AM
Ken Erickson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: .25 Club Racing

For what it's worth.

We had a bushing .25 race going for almost 8 years at our club. It ended 9 years ago when the instigator moved away. The prefered engines were the Magnum and Thunder Tiger. We used 9X4 MA props and supplied fuel.

While I was looking last night, could not find a TT .25 bushing engine. Magnum was still available. People who have started in the last 7 years probably do not have FPs. LAs are used on Q500s. It is a good thing to have nearly equal equipment. Heck, in a beginner racing program it is important to have equal equipment. Scratch the beginner part, horse racing and NASCAR have rules to try to equalize equipment.

Pick one engine, even if it is the LA, (FPs will smoke LAs).

If you start with Quickee 500s, you can easily move up to the next level by allowing .40s later, If you have the room.

Here is the thing I get the most flak from people who have not raced or pros: Racing is not really about how fast you go. It is about finishing the race ahead of the rest of the heat. Tony Stewart started in Go-karts. If I started another .25 class today, it would be Quickes, .25 Bushing Magnum and 10 X 4 prop. (better thrust, slower speed). I like to keep the cost down.

Who knows, I might. I moved back.

Ken, AMA 19352