RCU Forums - View Single Post - REVERSE ONLY...
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2006, 01:22 PM
Nitro Goose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: REVERSE ONLY...

Just some food for thought -- Much of the knowledge I've gained about this hobby, I've learned either from doing, or watching others do. I've witnessed a set of forward/reverse engagement cogs (internals of the LST tranny) destroyed from engagement while the engine was at high rpm. Because of this, I've adopted two habits:

1. When shifting from forward to reverse (and vice versa), I ALWAYS accelerate slowly at first after a shift. This ensures that the cogs don't slam into one another if by chance they're not seated correctly immediately after a shift. Every now and again (when shifting) the cogs will initially sit on top of one another, and it requires a little movement of the tranny internals to lock them down and into one another.

2. I set the forward/reverse servo's EPA so that there's a bit of tension on the servo saver (when it's engaged in either forward or reverse). That way I know the cogs will be fully engaging.

By taking these steps, my tranny gears remain in like-new condition for a very long time.