Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

REVERSE ONLY...

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 05:45 PM
m5161968

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REVERSE ONLY...

i have minor/serious problem, was running my truck a few minutes ago in the driveway. After 4 high speed runs up and down, spun the truck(no hits) and go to take off and in reverse. No i did not hit the reverse button and again no crashes. Can anyone tell what could be the problem. Oh yeah, before all of that happend it revved up before engaging, not the normal, but as if it was just spinning. Don't want to get rid of my rev. , but I have to guess I will have to. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-14-2006, 06:28 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

Default RE: REVERSE ONLY...

check to see if the thing on the tranny that is moved by the servo, which is what changes whether the engine is going in forward or reverse, and see if it is pointed towards the engine. If it is pointed more towards the radio box, then it is in reverse, and use the button on the radio to switch it back to forward
Old 02-14-2006, 07:12 PM
claudacio
My Feedback: (9)

Try not to rev it to much, just give it a little jab to see what the deal is. Sometimes that happens to me also, I find that if I go from fwd to reverse and back and forth on the controller it will engage. Also like mayhem said check you servo because thats what it is more than likely going to be.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:26 PM
m5161968

thanks for you replies, found out it was just my servo server if I'm saying that right, a $4 part. Just one more thing in a building list of repaired parts. I won't let this deter me, I am very happy with my LST2. Rossi 528xrs, can it have a roto-start put on it?
Old 02-16-2006, 01:22 PM
Nitro Goose

Just some food for thought -- Much of the knowledge I've gained about this hobby, I've learned either from doing, or watching others do. I've witnessed a set of forward/reverse engagement cogs (internals of the LST tranny) destroyed from engagement while the engine was at high rpm. Because of this, I've adopted two habits:

1. When shifting from forward to reverse (and vice versa), I ALWAYS accelerate slowly at first after a shift. This ensures that the cogs don't slam into one another if by chance they're not seated correctly immediately after a shift. Every now and again (when shifting) the cogs will initially sit on top of one another, and it requires a little movement of the tranny internals to lock them down and into one another.

2. I set the forward/reverse servo's EPA so that there's a bit of tension on the servo saver (when it's engaged in either forward or reverse). That way I know the cogs will be fully engaging.

By taking these steps, my tranny gears remain in like-new condition for a very long time.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:03 PM
GT Batman

ORIGINAL: m5161968
Rossi 528xrs, can it have a roto-start put on it?
Yes, I put the Mach 26 setup on mine. But I originally had the Roto version of the Rossi, so I fear you will need to buy the backplate as well. The mach roto plate is only like $6 and you need the shaft from the mach too, the shaft that slides into the one-way. It's like $3.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:59 PM
m5161968

skyodyssey, regarding 528xrs rossi. I've calling around to area hobby shops and asking the same question...what would be a good motor for my truck and everyone came back with the same reply...rossi528, then o.s. 30 because of its price. now price is somewhat an issue, but not really. I like buying once evn if that means paying a little bit more. Now with that being said what the price of this motor...start comp and the hot mod comp. And where can I possibly see a video of this motor in action. THANKS