RCU Forums - View Single Post - Why don't all radios have this feature? Add on if you have one.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:19 PM
spyder0069

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why don't all radios have this feature? Add on if you have one.

SuperAirborne:

That must be a added feature on your transmitter because mine drained the battery all the way down to 1.5v. My Duratrax Ice charger cycled the battery and it seams to retain 5/6 of the original charge/discharge ma but I still may replace it. It did take several false peaks before the battery came back to life. I know about the rocker switch but from my experimentation this is really no different that having a proportional knob. When you click the rocker it goes one notch at a time just like the trim rockers. When I was flying a plane with flaps I prefered to have 2 separate exact postions for flaps and then of course the flaps off position. I don't want to count the clicks of the rockers. I thought both rockers acted the same but I'll have to revisit the radio setup to know for sure. Maybe I have to unmap the toggles or something?

Geistware:
I like the signal check strength idea. It would be neat if the receiver had an LED and when the transmitter was turned on and you did a antenna down range check the led on the receiver would green for ok or red for too many signal losses.