RCU Forums - View Single Post - LSN wont tighten
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2006, 07:43 AM
Polar_Bus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LSN wont tighten

ORIGINAL: SavMT

Every since I've got my Savage LE I've had nothing but trouble. My LSN wont tighten at all so I can't set it back to the base setting, it just screws in forever and ever and goes in too far it seems without stopping. I tried to take the needle out to see if it was crushed, but it wont come out either. What's going on here? It's making it impossible to tune because I cant set it to LSN to the base setting, it always bogs down when I accelerate at WOT and any attempts at leaning it out just makes it stall.

I'm starting to really hate this hobby and I'm close to getting rid of this truck already. Any help would be appreciated...
The reason you cant "tighten" your LSN is because once you screw the LSN to a certain point, the CW turning motion actually causes the carb slide to start backing itself out. Turn your LSN CCW until it's flush with the linkage barrell. Now start turning the needle CW, take a 1/16" drill and drop it inside the slide gap in the carb. As you are turning in the LSN you will start to feel the drill "drop" this is the carb slide opening. STOP. Now you have the LSN "closed" . Most of the time setting your LSN flush with the linkage barrel is close enough to get your engine to start and run.