RCU Forums - View Single Post - LSN wont tighten
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2006, 09:10 AM
SavMT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LSN wont tighten

I backed out the idle screw as far as I thought I should, the carb wont close anymore and it's still about 1/2 a mm open but the idle screw doesn't close the carb any further the screw just starts coming out above flush. I dont have any drill bits so I cant try that method Polar_Bus.

I just cant get it to the base setting, no matter what i do. I tried all of your suggestions, the LSN wont tighten and it wont "bottom out" it just screws in forever and gets a bit tighter to turn but it doesnt bottom out at all. Turning out the LSN 3 turns from this position isnt even close to the base setting and it wont start. It's still way screwed in, so I have no clue how to put it at the base setting because I cant get the LSN to stop going in! I'm just blindly unscrewing it until the truck will start and by the time I get to that stage I have absolutely no clue where it's set at and the truck runs really badly and any adjustments richer/leaner from that point and it just stalls or bogs down and accelerates slowly. I also have air bubbles in the fuel line which wont go away and I don't know why even if I prime it before starting...

It's annoying me, I've never once had good run because of these issues. Simply cannot reset LSN at all... If I get it to start, it smokes alot and either stalls or bogs down and runs slowly off the line and no amount of needle adjustments in either direction make this go away. It either bogs down on accleration or just stalls completely and there's no happy medium between these two.