RCU Forums - View Single Post - vintage rc official old school thread
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2006, 10:13 PM
KyleR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: vintage rc official old school thread

ORIGINAL: discgolfer72

KyleR
i wouldent bother getting a new kit (unless u just want to )i race my rc10's and my old losi xx and place in the top four on a regular bassis the only advantage to the newer cars is they are a little lighter (not buy much /if u have the graphite rc10)but they are also porer built just today i broke my evaders tranny my rc18mt is down for the count with a cracked cchassis and the only broblems ive had with my oldies is just now today i burnt up a dif in my rc10t (15 year old diff) my evader tranny is only a year old so before u go buying the so called newest best stuff out there just think u have a car than can take a full speed hit into a wall and drive right back to you
It's not the graphite body, just the black anodized aluminum one. The darn thing's definitely a tank, though. I used to use and abuse it constantly and never broke a single body part on it (other than the servo mount I just recently discovered, and a lexan body or two).

Actually, the reason for possibly getting a new car is more due to the terrain that's in my yard. ~5 acres of converted field / horse pasture doesn't make for good 2wd buggy terrain I'm finding out. Heck, it gives my riding lawn mower a workout. My gravel driveways and some of the grassy areas are okay, but that's about it, so I'm looking more towards a 4wd MT if I really decide to get back into this all (and if my wife doesn't have too big a fit when I tell her I'm gonna blow $500-$600 on a "toy").

i would upgrade to some new bats tho they make a big diffrence (id go for at least gp3300)and if u want a good charger for mh and cd bats the vision peak charger is good and its only 40 $ i also recemond a 9 turn speedgems (think its called kryptonite) motor if u want the speeds as in my rc 10 vids (or any trinity motor product)(stay away from cheap orion motors and the venom fire ball motors)

you wont notice much of a time loss with the bec circut on ur reciver (esp with some high quality bats)
I think I'm going to pick up a couple 3300's or thereabouts (depending on what the lhs' prices are, I'm too impatient right now to wait for mail order) and a newer charger to handle the NiMH's, but I think I'll hold off on the motor for a bit. My car's about as fast as I want it right now. Maybe down the road a bit once it starts to feel slow, though.....

Good to know about the BEC stuff. Wasn't sure if that was a fad or a marketing ploy or something that actually worked okay.

ps just incase u dont have a manual for ur esc here u go
http://www.teamnovak.com/download/in...1_T4_Instr.pdf
Thanks, but I've actually got the original manual still (it was in the original box for it that I stored the car in). Also found manuals in said box for an old Tamiya ThunderShot and a Cox .049 1/12 scale GTP Nissan that I don't have anymore. I've actually got the decal sheet for the RC10 that I never used! God, talk about a packrat....

Thanks DG72 and DaveG!