Thread: Showtime
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2006, 08:22 AM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Showtime

ORIGINAL: Big Barry

... a few of the ST have this problem most dont, if you are unfortunate to have one that is twisted up its hard to tell when you inspect it out of the box but the proof is in the flying.
There it is. Mine looked great, through the old Mark 1 eyeball. My first clue that all was not well was when the airplane rolled sharply on take-off and I almost planted it. It took a ton of aileron trim to acheive level flight.

I went home and did what I should have done BEFORE flying it; put an incidence meter on it. The wings were two degrees out on one side, due to an improperly placed (drilled? looks laser cut to me) hole for the locator pin. While somewhat of a PITA, the fix wasn't difficult.

But there have been too many complaints regarding this specific problem for Horizon to ignore. I hope they're paying attention. The ShowTime is a great-flying model; and in all fairness, once trimmed it flew okay for "'circle flying" (love that term, Barry). But when I tried a few IMAC manuevers, it did all sorts of bizarre corkscrewing, etc. Now that the incidences are right, it is a real keeper.