RCU Forums - View Single Post - Club requirement for insurance
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2006, 01:18 PM
sivlE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Club requirement for insurance

ORIGINAL: gingertoad

The fault was entirely mine.

I was talking to Dave on another matter and mentioned that the post from the president, with regard to insurance, was going onto the MAAC website shortly. Dave interpreted my comment as meaning that he should correct his earlier post. This was not what I wanted, but I can understand why Dave inferred what he did.

The gap in time between my comment to Dave and the placement of the official notice was a matter of minutes, but regardless, it happened. I take full responsibility for the faux pas. Premature release of information, which was privy only to the Board, prior to an official statement from the President, was wrong. This was not "transparency", this was an error on my part.

I apologise to the President, to the Board and to the general membership.

Richard Barlow
Although a very minute mistake and hardly even worth the bother to comment on, but I must commend Mr. Barlow for the manly way in which he addressed this matter. There was no scandal, no legal threats, no finger pointing, no passing the buck, no trying to obscure or defend his position, no hiden agendas, there WAS honesty and an humbe apology. It just too bad others don't work the same way. Thanks Mr. Barlow for the recap of what transpired but I don't think is was any big deal.