Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

Mini Laser 3D vs. Accord II

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Mini Laser 3D vs. Accord II

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2003, 11:09 PM
RCaillouet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini Laser 3D vs. Accord II

I am looking at these 2 airplane for some fun flying. I am looking for something that will fly well with some nice aerobatics. I am not looking for all out 3D flying, but something that won't loop without having to dive is not what I want. I have read a few posts about the Laser mini 3D, but I have found none about the NE Sailplanes Accord II. Both have some features that I like, but am wondering what you all think. Also, I am not familiar with either one's inside space. What power and pack combos do you reccomend for these 2 planes? Do these 2 have enough size inside to accomodatea Nimh or Nicd battery of 8 - 10 cell and about 1000 - 1300 MaH? I really want an airplane that can fly of hard pavement, as well as well kept grass. I have seen that the Accord II has a sheeted leading edge, but does it have enough strength to fly and land on grass without the gear and landing on the belly? Can the Laser do it as well with the non sheeted leading edge?
I appreciate all the advise, I am not wanting to spend what little money I get (that doesn't go to the bills and familiy) without getting some advise!

Reg
Old 11-11-2003, 09:41 PM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Mini Laser 3D vs. Accord II

On a budget?
don't have much time?
want something easy to do ?
build a sheet foam model from 1/4" Fanfold -the material for twenty five models is less than half the cost of some kits!
do they fly as well
here is the hard part to swallow -done right -they beat any built up model in performance
are they crude looking ?
yes -but on a budget -they are simply things of beauty.
Old 11-15-2003, 06:16 AM
sloanfs

Reg, I have an Accord 2 with a mega16 15 4 and a 2.5 to 1 gear box running on 8 KAN 950s. It will do any thing you want Except 3d.
It will roll of grass in about 6 feet , Slows down pretty well, and does insane snap rolls!
Ive seen the mini 3d fly as well, and it will do the same. I guess the advantage for the mini is as a kit you could cover it any way you want.
The accord will climb out a long way at 90 degrees with the brushless. Flight times about 10 minutes
Old 12-05-2003, 05:54 PM
bobrrcc

Reg,

I have been flying an accord II for almost two years now. One of my favorites, I keep it in the trunk (wing on) ready to go at all times. I have the MP Jett brushless set-up (motor, gearbox and controller were only $120 a year ago from NESail). I have eliminated one of the aileron servos for weight saving, one servo is plenty. I use a 10 cell 600mAhr Nicad (5 minutes max) and a 9 cell Hecell 1000mAh NiMH (8 minutes max). Iam considering a Thunderpower 3 cell 2100 LiPoly for longer flight times ($79). The plane is not for 3D although will go vertical from takeoff for quite a ways. It is quite a wild plane with the control deflection large but will fly very slowly also.

Bobby
Old 12-12-2003, 10:48 PM
RCaillouet

Thanks for the input guys! I just got back from an overseas deployment and the one of the first things I did was to order the Accord II!!! I am now looking forward to its arrival more and more each day! Thanks again for the help!!!

Reg
Old 12-12-2003, 11:42 PM
sloanfs

Reg, Glad to hear you made it home ok!!!!
Thanks for your service.