Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

AILERON THROW ON EFLIGHT ULTIMATE

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

AILERON THROW ON EFLIGHT ULTIMATE

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 08:25 PM
TORK232

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AILERON THROW ON EFLIGHT ULTIMATE

IS ANYONE BUILDING THE EFLIGHT ULTIMATE WITH STOCK HINGE TAPE/BEVELS ON THE AILERONS? IM GETTING 1/2 INCH THROW DOWN, BUT 1 1/2 UP. BUILT IN DIFFERENTIAL MAYBE? ROLL IS KIND OF WEAK AT HIGHER ANGLES OF ATTACK. LIKE HIGH ALPHA ROLLS.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:50 PM
Foamaholic
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: AILERON THROW ON EFLIGHT ULTIMATE

My brother built one and I believe his ailerons work about the same up and down.
If the control rod is not close to a right angle to the servo arm you will induce differential.
Sorry I don't know what else might cause it.
Old 09-14-2004, 05:10 PM
Iceman30
My Feedback: (14)

My friend Greg just put one together and had to do something different on almost all of the servos...I am just starting mine and will call him tonight to get a picture on email if he will of the changes he made....I will send this post to him too..
Old 12-28-2004, 02:48 PM
fungoo

I had the same concern, I have read that people who have set it up per instructions aren't having any major problems with it. but peaople who want it to work properly have been changeing the aieleron linkage setup as follows

by extending the control horn from the edge of the aileron as opposed to installing them on the aileron surface you can get the proper deflection.

I have don mine as the manual suggested and CA'd them in place, so I don't want to tear the wings up getting them off. I will try it like this and if I have fun it will stay. If it sucks then I'll cut the horns off and leave the brackets, get some new 1mm wire and slot the aileron edge and glue the horns in the new way and make new linkage. on another forum they have some really good pics of the setup. Sorry for the lousy graphic,
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51941.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	207561