Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

Best Micro Servo For 3D

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Best Micro Servo For 3D

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 10:56 PM
smacfe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Micro Servo For 3D

There must be about 30 different servos available for 3D foamies with offerings from
GWS, JR, BlueBird, BlueBell, FMA, All E RC, Cirrus, HES, Hitec, Tower, Futaba, RC Toys, plus some I'm sure I don't know about. Which ones are best suited for 3D? Assuming a top weight limit of 10 grams, which seems like a good break point for foamies and 3d stuff, what are your picks?
Personally, I've used GWS, Cirrus and Hitec. In my experience, the GWS have weak geartrains, the Cirrus are "notchy" and the Hitec seem slow.

Scott
Old 12-10-2004, 05:28 AM
rjarois

Default RE: Best Micro Servo For 3D

just got a extreme flight yak, they recomend hitec, HS-55 servo's. the plang fly's awesome with em, and i would recomend them also. the model is 14 oz. ready to fly. i hope this helps you. take care, scott, peace randy.....http://www.extremeflightrc.com/produ...l/yak55spe.htm
Old 12-10-2004, 05:50 AM
Chris-B-chips

i quite like the blue bird 371 servo. it is a bit faster than the HS55 same tourqe and weighs 8.43 grams (friend ownes a very fancy digital scale). i don't know if its a regular occurence but i had one of my 371's lock up on me the weekend which is a bit of a concern .
Old 12-10-2004, 06:11 AM
vanman
My Feedback: (2)

I have been selling the Blue Birds for almost 2 years now and have several hundred of them in the air with my customers all over the country..... I have NEVER had a failure that was not operator induced......

The BMS-371's are roughly the same size case and are basically the same weight, but they are actually about 30% faster and 30% stronger than the hitecs......

Of course we sell them in quantity discounts, so if you are buying at least 4 of them you get them at $13 bucks each....... Making them also about $5 bucks lower than the normal $17.99 you see the HS-55's for.....

Bill
His and Hers Hobbies - Owner
We are listed in the RCU Dealer Directory!!
Old 12-10-2004, 09:46 AM
hercdriver7777

Depends on your requirements. If you are flying shockies with Cd roms around 5 or less OZ's then the cirrus 4.4 or GWS picos are your best shot. If you are flying just about anything bigger I would go with HS 55s or similar. GWS servos have less slop than the cirrus 4.4s but as you go into larger/faster planes the GWS's have the least torque. IMO as always..
Old 12-10-2004, 01:17 PM
sillyness
My Feedback: (25)

I'm trying some of the new Blue Bird 3.3 gram servos... 10 ozs of torque. Should be here today.
Old 12-10-2004, 09:30 PM
mike brauer
My Feedback: (1)

blue bird 371 best bang for the buck,i have been getting 4 for 50 bucks cant beat that with a stick ,hitec a little pricy at 17 bucks each .