Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

Motor question for E-flite Ultimate

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Motor question for E-flite Ultimate

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 09:37 PM
pylonboy
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor question for E-flite Ultimate

Here's the deal. I am going to order a motor for my new E-Flite Ultimate. It's going to be brushless, but should I go with a gear setup or do I get an outrunner and direct drive?

The two motors I was looking at were the Himaxx 2015-4100 for the gear setup, or the Himaxx 2808-0980 outrunner with direct drive. I don't have a lot of electric experience, but I do know that I am not happy so far with brushed motors. The rest of the plane will be using a CC-25 controller, Electron rx and HS55 servos. I currently have 1500 mah 2S1P and 1200mah 3S1P battery packs. Seeing some of the outrunner motors impresses the hell out of me, but I don't know if they are a good answer to this plane.

What is everybody else running for the hot setup on this type of plane?
Old 01-04-2005, 11:00 AM
JustPlaneCrazy3D

Default RE: Motor question for E-flite Ultimate

I'm not too sure about running it without a gearbox but I am using the e-flite 400 brushless with the 6.6 - 1 gearbox with my ultimate, it flies great plenty of power with a 10x4.3 prop using a 3 cell kokam 1500mah battery pack, the 2 cell just doesn't give enough power.

I too am using the electron 6 receiver with hs-55 servo's and the CC 25 ESC.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:44 PM
ekripper
My Feedback: (11)

Default RE: Motor question for E-flite Ultimate

I've run the Ultimate with the Himax 2015-4100 and it does great. I can hover it all day long and it has plenty of pull out power. I'm using a D gear box with the 12x6 GWS prop. Lots of fun. I'm using a 3 cell 860 battery and a phoenix 25 controller. I've trying the Himax 2808-860 and it didn't have the type of power that I liked. I've seen the Himax 2808-980 fly the Tribute and it had tons of power.