Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

help new to 3D foamy

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 02:42 PM
mlplyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help new to 3D foamy

Yes i just got a 3D foamy plane and all the videos make it look so e-z but what i need to know is the C,G, of the plane ..the plane is a home biltit flys goog but i cant get it to hang by the prop it just falls over but when i fly it it flys great so is some one can help i will be thank full
thank you e-mail me at [email protected]
P.S. give me nitro!!!!!!
Old 01-04-2005, 03:51 PM
Foamaholic
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: help new to 3D foamy

I know what you mean. They make it look so easy, but I have quite time. I'm getting better with practice. For hovering a lot of rudder and elevator corrections are needed. You need a lot of throw too. The plane isn't moving forward so you are only getting control from the prop wash. I have found that the more I move my battery back the better I can hover. Maybe it's cheating but it's taught me the moves to keep it hovering. I had the cg back at the aileron hinge line.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:12 PM
Woodsy

First of if u can set up your TX with Expo, about 50% or so.
Sneak YES SNEAK the CG back untill it feels like its becoming unstable to fly, if it feels unstable go Fwd a little bit.
Then practice, practice,practice, practice,practice, practice,practice, practice,practice, practice,practice, practice,practice, practice,practice, practice,practice, practice,practice, practice,practice, practice,practice, practice,practice, practice,practice, practice,practice, practice,practice, practice,practice, practice,practice, practice,practice, practice,practice, practice,practice, practice,practice, practice.

in no time at all youll be there,
Old 01-04-2005, 10:00 PM
psk560
My Feedback: (12)

Here's how I learned to torque roll. It may not be the way a professional would go about learning but it's how I got comfy doing it.

1. FLight time on the FMS simulator. LOL
2. Built the 3dfoamy edge from plans and got confortable flying it.
3. Built the 3dfoamy raven as a spare and made it look good. (motivation to hurry up and transfer the electronics. LOL)
4. Decided it was time to crash an edge in learning!
5. Moved the cg back, then back more, then even back more again. It's way past the recomended. When I was getting used to flying it I had it set so that it would fly great inverted and even needed a tiny push. When I had it setup for great 3ding it would climb inverted if you had too much throttle in it.

The hardest thing for me to get was the rudder input when the belly is facing you. "Prop up the low wing" The attitude of the nose is also important. My edge and now raven start/started torqueing on their own almost as soon as they are vertical. Most of the time I get in trouble it's because I've started to go over towards the canopy. I have to push and add power to get out.
I'm going to try and do a little picture in picture video of me torque rolling my raven this weekend. Than you can see how little input it requires.
Here's my setup:

Axi 2212-34
cc 25
tp 1320 3 cell
4 hitecs
3dfoamy raven/edge
fma m5 reciever
almost 15 oz's because of excess glue caused by learning to torque roll!

Hope this helps,
craig
www.psk560.com
For video of my edge you can see it on 3dfoamy's website under the edge section. It's called torqueing and tail touching.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:21 PM
psk560
My Feedback: (12)

I just found an awesome video on hovering that may help also after you get the balance right. Go to

http://www.flyingcirkus.com/

and check out their 3duniversity.

WOW!

Craig