Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

3DFOAMY.com closing up shop......

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

3DFOAMY.com closing up shop......

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 11:26 PM
Papakeith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 3DFOAMY.com closing up shop......

I agree, it sounds like growing pains. From what I have read/seen. You (Levi) seem to be taking the proper action to remedy the situation(s) whatever they may be.

I had the pleasure of meeting you in NY at the WRAM show. Your love of what you do is readily apparent. I doubt you could hide it if you tried. I went to The WRAM with no intention of buying a plane at the show. You had other ideas for me. Your enthusiasm was infectious, and your wing design shined brighter than the others I had looked at. Heck, we even took another tour around the show to inspect the other vendors foamys compared to yours. I left the show with one of your models. We concluded the sale with a handshake and mutual smiles. You, because you were proud of your product, and knew I'd be happy. Me, because I got something great when I wasn't even looking for it. Isn't that when you generally find the "good stuff" anyway? When you aren't even looking for it.

I was surprised today when I saw the 'for sale' link on your site. I was equally relieved to read that you have changed your mind. You probably weren't looking for what you got when you opened the doors to 3Dfoamy. You walked into the path of a tempest for sure. But I, along with many others, believe that you have something pretty great.

Stay the course, but don't lose yourself on the journey to the destination.

Thanks Levi,

Keith
Old 03-07-2005, 11:29 PM
Taildragger726

I kinda like Levi's flying things,, heck, I flew two of them this AM. Nothing but praise here,,I even got a persional phone call once from Levi ! How is that for customer service ???!!!! Unfortunately my aircraft last longer than they used to,, now if I can destroy a couple more I can place a new order!!
Old 03-08-2005, 01:52 AM
3D-kid330
My Feedback: (1)

Great to see your keeping it going. Keep up the awesome work!
Old 03-08-2005, 05:55 AM
psk560
My Feedback: (12)

Thanks for all you do for the hobby Levi. You seem extemely busy and I know how hard that is with a little one at home. I've only been flying electrics for 5 months but your website and products are excellent! There are very few manufacturers that are willing to share their building plans for free. That's how I got started in 3ding and foamies and I appreciate it for sure. 3dfoamy is the best!

Craig

ps. check your email also.
Old 03-08-2005, 06:59 AM
Spacey

Wow did I get a shock when I read the first post. Levi I'm really glad you changed your mind. It always goes like this with a lot of things. Where we don't ever get to see the positive. And yes that is mostly what happens in the forums, guys post the negative and overlook the positive. And well if you get someone posting only positive they get flamed because others think it's a bag of lies. Why it's like this I do not know. Levi I have not flown one of your planes yet but I do have a Katana on backorder by Jonathan from MAD here in South Africa. I can imagine that you didn't quite expect 3DFoamy to grow as much as it did. You can't stop now! Some of us are only starting to get hooked! I have only flown a couple of E-Flite foamys and then the shockys and am really keen to see what some of the original and best foamys can do!
Old 03-08-2005, 10:23 AM
Ben-Rod

Well, I too am a small bussiness owner and I can fully understand what Levi is talking about. Just very glad to see that things are going to be fine. It is truly tuff running a small family bussiness when it seems to be growing beyond your wildest dreams. It seems to me you ( Levi ) have the right idea, God, Family, Friends. Just keep up the good work and the bussiness will take care of itself.

Ben
Old 03-08-2005, 10:43 AM
vypr
My Feedback: (6)

Glad to hear that 3Dfoamy is here for the forseeable future.

I've owned a 3Dfoamy in the past and I will build one again in the future. They are just great flying foamys, no mistake there.

Levi, ignore the complainers and know that you have not only a noisy majority that likes to complain but a huge silent fanbase here supporting you.
Old 03-08-2005, 01:22 PM
Mike Bogh
My Feedback: (14)

Morning to all,
I had the distinct pleasure and honor to host Levi, Brooke and Skyla Grace overnight in my home Friday, the nite before the E-fly in in Seattle this past weekend. As PapaKieth mentioned, Levi's dedication and sincere love for this hobby is infectious to say the least, he just makes you excited listening about this idea, that design, dija like how this flew, on and on.
WhtBronco nailed it, The Jordans have their priority's in order, serve God, family and serve others.
Levi and Brook's relationship is just amazing, they are completely doting and loving parents, and Levi is truly adored by his bride.
Lucky man?
Darn skippy he is.
To tell you the truth, the Jordans are simply the nicest people I have ever met, in or out of the hobby, period.
Levi stated his love for his business, perfectly.
Every single thing matters to him and Brooke, the positive comments and the negative ones really take their toll on their heart.
Some of you mention growing pains, thats a correct statement. When you start a company, as it grows you are constantly improving this process or that one, all the while trying your best to satisfy each and every customer. I too have found these same issues in my own business, and have had my own troubles filling the orders in a timely fashion.
I know for a fact that Levi and Brooke are putting in 12-15 hour days just to keep up, and they get 150-250 emails a day!, on top of the numerous phone calls.
Yes they have hired help, now comes the inevitable, some prices have to be increased to help with payroll, taxes and the like.
It is what it is, you must do whatever it takes to keep filling orders, improving your process, and keep your customers satisfied.
Thanks to all who consistently demonstrate understanding, 99% of you modelers are simply the best customers Levi, Brooke and I have ever had the pleasure to deal with, you show patience and respect, and I know Levi has mentioned how much he appreciates it, as do I.
In getting to know Levi, you will never meet a man more passionate about our hobby, (and I thought I was a sick puppy), he truly loves what he does.

So in closing, it is truly an honor to call the Jordans friends, I pray for them daily, it's the most I can do.

I am humbled by the support and respect that you all show 3DFoamy...as a friend, I thank you.
Old 03-08-2005, 01:23 PM
XpastywhiteboyX
My Feedback: (5)

ditto......

ORIGINAL: ibange

They are just great flying foamys, no mistake there.

Levi, ignore the complainers and know that you have not only a noisy majority that likes to complain but a huge silent fanbase here supporting you.
Old 03-08-2005, 01:49 PM
XpastywhiteboyX

once again ditto[8D]
i was over at his house on friday and they are probably the nicest people i have ever met, he is passionate and always striving to modify and embetter his designs, he is constantly asking what needs to chage?!? does it need more or less of this and that, he really is dedicated to what he does and i dont think il ever meet another person that is as passionate about family friends work ect.... i can say it has been a privledge knowing levi and i would do anything for him, keep on keeping on levi.
ORIGINAL: Mike Bogh

Morning to all,
I had the distinct pleasure and honor to host Levi, Brooke and Skyla Grace overnight in my home Friday, the nite before the E-fly in in Seattle this past weekend. As PapaKieth mentioned, Levi's dedication and sincere love for this hobby is infectious to say the least, he just makes you excited listening about this idea, that design, dija like how this flew, on and on.
WhtBronco nailed it, The Jordans have their priority's in order, serve God, family and serve others.
Levi and Brook's relationship is just amazing, they are completely doting and loving parents, and Levi is truly adored by his bride.
Lucky man?
Darn skippy he is.
To tell you the truth, the Jordans are simply the nicest people I have ever met, in or out of the hobby, period.
Levi stated his love for his business, perfectly.
Every single thing matters to him and Brooke, the positive comments and the negative ones really take their toll on their heart.
Some of you mention growing pains, thats a correct statement. When you start a company, as it grows you are constantly improving this process or that one, all the while trying your best to satisfy each and every customer. I too have found these same issues in my own business, and have had my own troubles filling the orders in a timely fashion.
I know for a fact that Levi and Brooke are putting in 12-15 hour days just to keep up, and they get 150-250 emails a day!, on top of the numerous phone calls.
Yes they have hired help, now comes the inevitable, some prices have to be increased to help with payroll, taxes and the like.
It is what it is, you must do whatever it takes to keep filling orders, improving your process, and keep your customers satisfied.
Thanks to all who consistently demonstrate understanding, 99% of you modelers are simply the best customers Levi, Brooke and I have ever had the pleasure to deal with, you show patience and respect, and I know Levi has mentioned how much he appreciates it, as do I.
In getting to know Levi, you will never meet a man more passionate about our hobby, (and I thought I was a sick puppy), he truly loves what he does.

So in closing, it is truly an honor to call the Jordans friends, I pray for them daily, it's the most I can do.

I am humbled by the support and respect that you all show 3DFoamy...as a friend, I thank you.
Old 03-08-2005, 04:07 PM
Kevgofly
My Feedback: (2)

Whew, close one. I had to have someone help me off the flore when I saw this thread. Glad to see you are sticking with it Levi. I wouldn't blame you if you didn't. The internet is definitely a double edged sword, amazing how people act when they are hidden behind a keyboard.

I'd like to echo all the positive comments about Levi and Brook. It'll really make your day to show up at some event and see them there with Skyla Grace, truly making the hobby a family affair. You guys are awesome Levi, glad we have a few guys like you in the hobby. If I can do anything for you, please let me know.

Kev
Old 03-08-2005, 04:18 PM
tstanfill
My Feedback: (7)

Levi is a stand up guy!!!
Old 03-08-2005, 08:03 PM
Bill Adair

Levi,

I can sympathize with your customer relations problems. [&o]

Small business owners are particularly vulnerable to abuse, because they must field all of the complaints in house.

I'm showing my support, by ordering an SU-26 kit today, and want to thank you for all the effort put into your great web site. The technical information was very helpful to an electric newbee.

Bill Adair
Old 03-08-2005, 09:06 PM
funflyphil

i cant wait to order my 3d foamy edge...i am wondering if a 2208/34 will be enough for it???
Old 03-08-2005, 09:17 PM
XpastywhiteboyX

if you use a 3 cell and keep it light....it will hover and pull out but will be marginal....put teh servos on pull pull under the wing because if you dont it will be very tail heavy.
Old 03-09-2005, 12:41 AM
Jim Flannigan

Levi,
Glad to hear you are staying in the game! That was a big scare, please don't do that again.

See you soon!

Jim Flannigan
Old 03-09-2005, 11:07 PM
alpapilot

Levi,

I bought my 3DF from you because of this site. I read what some naysayers wrote and also how loyal the majority of your customers are. You have always handled yourself with class. That is why I bought a 3DFoamy. It also just happens to be the best flying plane I have ever owned as well.

Frats,
Joel
Old 03-10-2005, 07:58 PM
ben flyn

Levi,
After reading all of this, I had to support you and your family by buying a foamy kit. Just keep up the grind and do what's in your heart and I KNOW you'll be OK! I work for myself and sometimes it's just hard.
Keep the faith,
Mark
Old 03-10-2005, 08:54 PM
E*nealio
My Feedback: (10)

You know Levi, i could get a few boys to take care of some 'business', if you know what i mean........LOL, JK. I love my Katana, great kits, for a second there i was getting scared that you were closing up shop, good to hear you aren't. Best of Luck,
Nealio
Old 03-13-2005, 11:03 PM
Psnap

Thanks for everything Levi and family.

God bless Y'all and keep on flying!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phil & Wendy
Old 03-14-2005, 04:07 PM
RCXPLANES

Levi,

Keep up the good work. You are an inspiration to me personally.

I returned form the Memphis EAC and read this entire post in utter disbelief that so few could out voice so many untill the thought of loosing one of the best around seemed to be reality.

You are always going to get some negative response to anything you do. All you can do is your very best to help everyone, which I know from experiance you do, and don't take the negative posts personally. Then when you correct whatever situation that caused the negative post, reply to it with your support solution so the rest of us can see the stand up guy you are.

I need 3D Foamy out there to push me to do a better job here.

Bud
Old 03-14-2005, 05:03 PM
Mike Bogh
My Feedback: (14)

Levi, Brooke and Skyla Grace are on a well deserved 1 week family vacation...they will be returning next Monday.
Again thank you all for your kind words and support of this terrific family.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:08 PM
XpastywhiteboyX

e-mails and questions will be answered wile they are gone so e-mail away
Old 03-16-2005, 02:04 AM
Kody
My Feedback: (19)

Levi,

Glad to see that you are sticking around.

Regards,

Kody

PS. Hope that you and the family are having a wonderful time on the trip. =)
Old 03-16-2005, 07:57 AM
kevin pelletier
My Feedback: (2)

sorry for this buti just found this thread. first i have flown almost all of levis planes from plans that i down loaded and on my first one i screwed it up with weight. one would think hey i got the plans for free so i wont get an answer from the email. WRONG i got an almost immediate response willing to help me get it figured out. what other co would od that. second all his planes fly awsome. they fly so good that i set the throws low on my katane and taught my wife how to fly on it.

LEVI IM GLAD YOU DECIDED TO STAY WITH IT YOUR PLANES JUST FLY TO GOOD TO STOP NOW

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.