Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

parkzone stryker

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 11:29 PM
richohealey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default parkzone stryker

i pulled the gear out of mine (read: crashed the gear out of mine), and am now sticking it back in with some substitutions. i will use a standard reciever, the stock motor with diff. ESC, standard servos. i have, however... absolutely NO idea where the CG should be! can someone tell me?.... please use where the front of the fins (ie. the end of the plastic) as the reference to avoid confusion. thanks heaps

richo
Old 08-23-2005, 03:07 PM
Fisher

Default RE: parkzone stryker

CG should be very easy to determine if your Stryker is not too old. Look into the finger cutouts you use to hold the plane when you hand launch. There should be a small round dimple in the bottom of each cutout about an inch back from the front edge. These round dimples mark the CG.

Basically when you hold the plane ready for launch it should balance in your hand.
Old 08-23-2005, 04:01 PM
bdavison
My Feedback: (1)

Unfortunatly, with the stryker, if its wrong, you'll know real fast.

It kinda goes wizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz thump.
I found this out after I tried modifying one to use a ducted fan motor

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Not a bad little airplane for $150 bucks complete
Old 08-23-2005, 08:31 PM
richohealey

yeah.... i emailed the people at parkzone. still waiting for a reply. thanks BDAvision, you are a constant help.

anyway, when i get around to making some new control surfaces and horns i'll tell you how it goes.

PS how do i make new control surfaces and horns?
Old 08-24-2005, 10:10 AM
bdavison
My Feedback: (1)

I tried two different methods of making control surfaces for the Stryker, mainly because I kept bashing the stock ones up landing it in the grass. The first method was actually making balsa control surfaces and covering them with monokote like you would on a nitro plane. The Balsa is too heavy, and you end up having to gut the nose to move the battery forward to get the CG right.

So plan "b". Shape them out of 6mm Depron or FFF.. MUCH better option. It retains the light weight of the stock surfaces, and you can make them wider to give you more control. I even made the vertical fins out of 6mm depron. Much more durable than the stock plastic veneer ones. Plus once you foam-safe CA them onto the plane, they aint coming off unlike the stock ones that seem to come off all the time.

Also, if for some reason you get the idea to monokote the stryker or cover it with something.....DONT. I tried covering mine with that stick-on monokote. It made it too heavy to fly, and its even harder to get off than to put on. Darn shame, cause it looked really nice.

Oh well, mine met an untimely demise after I stuck a ducted fan on the top between the vertical fins in an attempt to get more speed out of it. It went faster for about 2 seconds before it went whizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzthump.

Maybe one day Ill buy another, as it was a really fun plane to fly.