Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

Please help with 3D Foam Recommendation

Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Please help with 3D Foam Recommendation

Old 11-16-2005, 01:48 AM
Wolfpack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help with 3D Foam Recommendation

I am a little tired of cleaning planes so all new aditions to the fleet will be electric. I just crashed my 65" omp 3d gasser (lost the battery) looking to replace. I have epp wings (wingwarriors)and I like the crash proof epp material. But I do not really know anything about 3d electric foam planes. are epp 3d planes good?

I would prefer something that can fly in the California desert, mostly kinda flat dirt landing area, sometimes a 0-10/15 knot wind. maybe a little bit more. Larger planes are certainly easier to see.

I see the 3d foamy planes, but how durable are they compared to epp?

Is there a good recommendation for an EPP brushless foam 3d plane that does good to great 3d manuvers say 40" - 60" wing span ? Quality and flight performance is more important than price. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated !!!!

Old 11-16-2005, 03:36 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Please help with 3D Foam Recommendation

This is exactly what your looking for. These are selling like mad and everyone is raving including myself.

www.copperheadaviation.com

If price is not a concern and you want the best. Snakeskin covered epp.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:56 AM
rmgmag

Check out www.rcxplanes.com, great airframe (however, more fragile than EPP), they fly great, and their customer service is top notch. Most foamys fly great in zero wind conditions, 5-10mph is usually doable, at 15mph they can be a handful but still fun. The rcxplanes handle wind better than most. It also depends on your skill level and your flying style.

Don't get too hung up on the size. You fly these planes close in, close enough to touch, totally different from the nitro/gas planes. I made the same change-over as you last year. I haven't gone back to gas since.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:45 PM
InsaneFoamie
My Feedback: (2)

InsaneFoamies.com Full combo Yak 54 $269 all good electrics with an upgrade to hacker if you choose. Watch the videos!
Old 11-18-2005, 12:43 AM
Wolfpack

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

This is exactly what your looking for. These are selling like mad and everyone is raving including myself.

www.copperheadaviation.com

If price is not a concern and you want the best. Snakeskin covered epp.
I just ordered on of these today, I took the extra, not sure the difference between the extra / yak, thanks for the recommendation.