Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

THANKS DEVIN AND BRYAN

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 11:42 AM
rick at work
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default THANKS DEVIN AND BRYAN

I just wanted to publicly thank you guys for putting up with all my P.M.'s concerning the assembly and setup of my Shock Flyer Yak. I flew it last evening for the first time for about 5 min. with the T.power 3s730 pack. It was a little windy but I could tell that it is going to have plenty of power, vertical snaps and rolls out of sight ! Flew some inverted also and the C.G. seems to be O K even though it is around 80mm with the lightweight 2204/54 motor.Can not wait to fly indoors Sunday and try out the 2s730 pack.

THANKS AGAIN,

Rick
Old 02-02-2006, 04:24 PM
Devin McGrath

Default RE: THANKS DEVIN AND BRYAN

No problem Rick, glad I could help !

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with
Old 02-02-2006, 05:15 PM
bdavison
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: THANKS DEVIN AND BRYAN

Ditto....glad I could be of assistance.

Here's a tip. If you've never flown indoors....PRACTICE outdoors using Rudder to turn!!! Its really difficult for newbies to indoor flying to fly turns with the ailerons and elevator. The plane will fall out of the sky really quick indoors. Get some good practice turning the plane in flat turns with the rudder.

When you get indoors, it will seem REALLY small. Just keep your airspeed low, and coast around getting use to your new environment, use your rudder to turn, and you'll get used to it quick. When I first started flying indoors, I thought there was not enough space to do different maneuvers....now, I have TONS of space. I can do an entire routine on one have of a basketball court. As you get used to flying indoors, it gets easier and easier.