Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

LIpo and ESC setup for a GP Flatout

Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

LIpo and ESC setup for a GP Flatout

Old 03-21-2006, 08:23 PM
Rehabber
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LIpo and ESC setup for a GP Flatout

I am building A GP Flatout Turmoil that I plan to try it in the "stock configuration. It comes with a 370 geared Electrify ferrite motor and a Great Planes C-10 Micro Ultra ESC is recommended. They also recommend a 3 cell 640 mAh Electrifly lipo battery. Because I have had a bad experience with their 1500 Mah 3 cell Electrifly lipos, I'm reluctant to use them. I am considering using a TP Pro Lite 3s730 11.1 or a TP 3 cell 11.1 910 mah battery. GP says the battery can weigh 65 grams ,which is the weight of the 910. Would this battery give me extra run time and increased power over the 730? Would I be putting too much current thru the above ESC and motor. I want to try this setup before going to a brushless motor and ESC.
Thanks for your help
Old 03-21-2006, 09:28 PM
powerlines

Default RE: LIpo and ESC setup for a GP Flatout

Brushless get the AXI 2208/34 silver or gold. I have both and they are just about the same. Gold just a little more power. less flight time. I am sure. I have not had a full flight on it yet. Get a 15Amp controller. I have the Jeti 08 It is trouble free..

LATER
Old 03-22-2006, 06:53 AM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: LIpo and ESC setup for a GP Flatout

I ran my turmoil on the TP 730 and I used an FMA Super 20. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGFS5&P=7
On my RCU, I'm running the Rimfire and GP SS12 on the TP730 if that helps any.

50%