Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Range check

Old 04-06-2006, 09:11 AM
karldaschner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Range check

Hi there guys,

Not quite sure if this receiver is any good - Greatplanes Electrifly 4ch fm. I have the same one in a Zagi that gives no problems, but I went and bought a brand new one for my new Mini Funtana. The funtana has a Axi 2808-24 motor in, Jeti 30A speed controller, Kokam pack & HS-55 servos allround with a Futaba 6EXA transmitter (also I used the recommended crystal - Futaba for the receiver). My problem is this: Wanted to do range check last night, so I walked with airial completley in (dont know if this is the correct way - a friend told me today that one can pull out the first section of the airial), and i was about 15 paces away, and the plane went nuts. But as soon as I fully extend the airial I can walk away till I can harly see the plane and it behaves fine?

Any comment will be helpfull.

Thanks
Karl
Old 04-06-2006, 09:44 AM
WhtBronco

Default RE: Range check

I wouldn't fly the aircraft if you can't get at 150' with the transmitter antenna/aerial collapsed(all the way in).
Old 04-06-2006, 03:38 PM
lwatson
My Feedback: (2)

I agree, don't trust it. Just because the same brand is OK in your zagi doesn't mean this particular receiver isn't bad. I have been sticking to Electron 6's now, and been very happy. This is probably a single conversion, I am also surprised it takes a Futaba crystal. I have heard you don't want to mix brands.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:39 PM
stoneenforcer
My Feedback: (23)

I agree with 150' minimum with ant. down. Your wiring orientation may be causing the problem. ESC position may also interfere. keep your recieve and servo leads away from power leads, esc and ect...... sounds like a simple problem. Also you may want to make sure the ant. is actually soldered to the reciever board thoroughly. good luck.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:44 AM
karldaschner

Ok guys, thanks for the tips. And lwatson: yes it is a single conversion receiver (is it subject to more interferance than a dual conversion?). Planning on swapping the 2 receivers to see if there is any difference. Will let you guys know what my findings are...