Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Typhoon question

Old 05-15-2006, 01:37 PM
Screamin_Injun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Typhoon question

Hello all....Ive been flying glow planes for years but have very little knowledge of electrics. I bought my wife a Typhoon 3D and was wondering if it was ok to use the small prop with the 1000 NimH battery. Book describes the prop usage in a very broad way without saying, "yes you can use it on that battery." Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:52 PM
tuwood

Default RE: Typhoon question

ORIGINAL: Screamin_Injun

Hello all....Ive been flying glow planes for years but have very little knowledge of electrics. I bought my wife a Typhoon 3D and was wondering if it was ok to use the small prop with the 1000 NimH battery. Book describes the prop usage in a very broad way without saying, "yes you can use it on that battery." Any input would be greatly appreciated.
If your talking about the small prop that came with it, then yes you can. The larger lower pitch one (13.5x7 I think) gives a little more thrust for 3D type stuff, but either prop flies it just fine. I'm still running the stock batteries & have probably equal numbers of flights on both prop's.
Before you fly it, I'd recommend wrapping a few layers of packing tape around the small fin on the underside that the tailwheel bracket attaches to. It will snap off on anything but a graceful landing.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:20 PM
hobbydude214
My Feedback: (13)

yep go ahead use it. wouldnt recommend to much tape though this can make it heavier and trust me she dosent need anymore weight. lighter is better
Old 05-15-2006, 11:33 PM
Screamin_Injun

Thanks guys...wife will certainly "feel" the plane better with more forward thrust/speed. We'll try er out tomorrow if the wind here in Moore, Ok would drop below 15 for one day. [:@]
Old 05-16-2006, 07:01 AM
tuwood

ORIGINAL: Screamin_Injun

Thanks guys...wife will certainly "feel" the plane better with more forward thrust/speed. We'll try er out tomorrow if the wind here in Moore, Ok would drop below 15 for one day. [:@]
Certainly don't take it out on a windy day for the maiden, but I've flown mine several times in 20MPH wind.
Old 05-16-2006, 05:26 PM
Screamin_Injun

Ya she's got a few flights with the Typhoon and was only a few flights away from coming off the buddybox with her glow trainer...so she should do well. Thx again for the info...Ill tell the guy at our LHS because he was telling every single person this that bought the Typhoon.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:08 AM
kramster

OK well yesterday i crashed my plane really hard and it broke the plane in half right infront of the canopy...broke the prop...so i glued it all back together and got new servos and when i plugged it all it nothing happened...it made the little beeps when i plugged the battery in but nothing would move...is there something im doing wrong...anyone know????