Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Typhoon 3d help!

Old 05-24-2006, 06:52 PM
Live2die420

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Typhoon 3d help!

Ok everyone just got a typhoon 3d. Just need help with learning how to get this thing more then a few inches off the ground? Any help with telling me how to "train" myself like i did with my helis would be great. Thanks!!

Todd
Old 05-24-2006, 08:26 PM
SS2P

Default RE: Typhoon 3d help!

LOL! What do you mean you cant get it few inches off the ground lol? Have u ever flown? pull up elevator and it will go lol?
oh, now i get the point sorry, You mean u want to train for aerobatics>? get a lipo than try rolls loops etc... and so on...

Paul
Old 05-24-2006, 09:14 PM
Loswave

The main thing is to be patient, if you rush it you'll total your plane. I don't know how much experience you have, but I think I remeber you from the electric heli forums, and if that's true than if I remeber correctly than your fairly new to planes correct?
Old 05-25-2006, 09:04 PM
Live2die420

yea but i have 3 helis and i have flown two planes before this. Slow stick and lazy bee. So idk lol
Old 05-25-2006, 09:48 PM
Loswave

Alrighty, as far as stunts go I'd check this out, http://www.blaineaustin.com/3d_tips.htm it gives you a basic idea of what needs to happen, you'll have to try it over and over again to get it to work out alright but it's a start. If you're having trouble actually flying I'm guessing it's because it's quite a bit more touchy than your slow stick, just remember to go real light on the controller, you don't have to go full left to make a slight bank roll, just a little touch, my reccomendation would to be to touch the sticks as little as you can to keep from over doing it. Another thing, if your having trouble taking off, and your trying a ROG (roll on ground) take off, that's alot harder than a hand launch. I'm not sure about the best way to launch that particular plane, but all if mine you grab by the canopy, and give it and easy underhanded toss up at about a 30 degree angle with full throttle. I hope that helps get you started, if your having specific problems go ahead and post them, I'll see if I can help.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:06 AM
kramster

OK well yesterday i crashed my plane really hard and it broke the plane in half right infront of the canopy...broke the prop...so i glued it all back together and got new servos and when i plugged it all it nothing happened...it made the little beeps when i plugged the battery in but nothing would move...is there something im doing wrong...anyone know????