Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

best 3D foamy

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 02:48 PM
3DYOUGLYN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best 3D foamy

hey i bought a super cap from 3d foamy and my buddy crashed it while doing an inverted low pass about 3 ft off the ground and its trashed so i went on 3d foamies web site to order 2 new superextas one for me and one for him but i guess they have stopped making the super kits. So what 3d foamy plane is the best in your opinion?
Old 08-31-2006, 07:50 PM
rmgmag

Default RE: best 3D foamy

I've been flying the Allure from www.rcxplanes.com for about a year, and while I've flown a bunch of others, the Allure is the best.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:08 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

They are still making them

http://3dfoamy.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=21
Old 09-09-2006, 05:01 PM
flyingace451

AirfoilZ planes are downright the best. If you've flown one, you know what I mean. Check them out, I guaruntee you won't be disappointed.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:05 PM
Yo! Team Green
My Feedback: (1)

IMHO.. The Adrenaline from Abell is one of the best. Very capable and very durable.
>T
Old 09-12-2006, 11:06 PM
flyin_kid

I love my airfoilz edge and yak.. They both fly awesome!
Old 09-13-2006, 05:52 AM
perkinsm

Dont forget to take into consideration the Stuff from WWW.FANCYFOAM.COM. I have been flying them (Outside) for two years and find them to be fantasic 3D planes.

RNGMAG - I'm curious, how does that Allure fly outside? What have you found to be the best setup (Motor, prop, etc)?
Old 09-13-2006, 07:53 AM
rmgmag

ORIGINAL: perkinsm

Dont forget to take into consideration the Stuff from WWW.FANCYFOAM.COM. I have been flying them (Outside) for two years and find them to be fantasic 3D planes.

RNGMAG - I'm curious, how does that Allure fly outside? What have you found to be the best setup (Motor, prop, etc)?
The Allure flies great outside, I primarily fly outdoors, but...in anything over 10mph it can be a handful. I've successfully flown it in 15+mph winds, but I really had to work at it. On turns to downwind it can easily get away from from you.

The best set-up that I've used is a Little Screamer Purple Peril motor with a GWS 8x4 HD prop, a Cool Running A-12 ESC, two HS-50's for rudder and elevator, an HS-55 for the ailerons, and a Berg4L receiver. It'll fly well with a Custom CDR hot or cool wind motor or even a small Hacker, but that Little Screamer is the best. I use that motor on a prototype Sierra bipe that www.rcxplanes.com sent me to beta test, and I really like it for that plane too.

Anyway, with the above combination, it's unbelievably manueverable, hovers well, harriers easily, and it'll fly nice and slow. It'll do flips so tight it's hard to describe, and does great climbing flat spins. It's definately my favorite foamy, and I've had a boatload of them, including the FancyFoam Extra, Ultimate, and Edge. It's different animal from the FancyFoams as they're larger and use 6mm foam while the Allure is much smaller and uses 3mm and 2mm foam.

Hope I didn't hijack this thread...[X(]

Bob
Old 09-13-2006, 10:24 AM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

3DYOUGLYN,
The superxtra's are in stock right now! The supers are definately the top shelf foamies available. Thanks!
Old 09-13-2006, 10:22 PM
3DYOUGLYN

thanks john!
Old 09-15-2006, 09:59 AM
marzo91
My Feedback: (57)

Don't forget about Charger RC's CR-1. This is the perfect foamy IMO. It builds in a couple hours or less, has a trick and easy motor mount, comes with graphics and cabon fiber pushrods, and flies better than any of the foamies I've flown. Charger's service is great. The planes are only $30, and shipping is only $5. Can't beat that with a stick.