Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

Copperhead Aviation Extra "Edge" or Something Else?

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Copperhead Aviation Extra "Edge" or Something Else?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 09:09 AM
JeremySutton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Copperhead Aviation Extra "Edge" or Something Else?

Howdy folks,

I am new to 3-D and am looking for a durable EPP foamy to grow into and learn 3-D flying and master sport flying on as well. I am looking at the Extra Stiffy "Edge" by Copperhead Aviation.

www.copperheadaviation.com

I spoke with a guy there and they are releasing a new line of Extra Stiffys in November. The Edge comes highly recommended to me. This will be my 3rd plane. I have flown: (1) Graupner Mini Piper (2) 4-channel Potensky Eagle. I am currently flying the Eagle and will soon outgrow it as it lacks power even with a geared brushed motor.

I would like to spend $200-260 on a combo foamy; although I do have two HS-55 and two HS-50 Hitec servos and an Electron 6 receiver I can salvage from my Eagle and install in my new foamy. Receiver seems a bit bulky though.

I'd like to know what planes you guys might recommend based on my needs? I don't know about all the smaller shops like Cooperhead Aviation and such on the web. I learn about these places from folks like you and Backyard Flyer magazine.

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy
Old 09-24-2006, 10:09 PM
89ram

Default RE: Copperhead Aviation Extra "Edge" or Something Else?

of course the salesman is going to highly recommend his stuff to you. whether it's good or not, idk. my foamy's are a parkzone typhoon and a powerline yak 54. typhoon needs servos, yak is powerful!
Old 09-25-2006, 04:05 AM
marcwv
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Copperhead Aviation Extra "Edge" or Something Else?

I have CopperHead aviation's Yak stiffy. One of the most durable out there of the foamy 3D types. Complete kit ,all hardware included. I can't comment on the flying. I mean it fly's well . But my lack of 3D skill , I don't know whether it's the plane or me.
Marc