Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

What' the best Simulator?

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

What' the best Simulator?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 09:06 PM
marcwv
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What' the best Simulator?

I know this has probably been asked already . What' the best Simulator ? I think I would prefer the most authentic feel rather than the best graphics. Also I'd rather buy another plane than spend $200 on software . Has anyone been able to find some good buy's? I think it's so over priced .
Marc
Old 10-18-2006, 04:05 PM
flyingace451

Default RE: What' the best Simulator?

Once you own a decent sim yourself, you'd wonder why it isn't priced higher.

The top three in my opinion are Realflight G3, Aerofly Pro Deluxe, and Reflex XTR (probably the bottom of the 3 though). It depends on what you want to do. Realflight is actually slightly harder than real life, so if you can fly on it than you should have no trouble in real life. Aerofly is also close to it, but a bit easier.

It depends on what you want to fly...3D or Sport, Helis or Planes, etc...
Old 10-18-2006, 06:15 PM
cojim14

I definitely agree with flyingace. Most sims would still sell great even if they were priced more than $200.
Realflight G3 is, in my opinion, undisputedly the best sim out there. They're coming out with a G3.5 which will be even better than G3. If you're looking for an authentic feel of the planes over graphics, you get both with G3. But since you don't want to pay $200 then there's not much you can do. Also, can you really get a plane for $200?
If you get lucky on eBay that'd be great, but I'd rather trust Tower. Good luck with you choice.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:36 PM
outmyway

I got the new Phoenix sim yesterday, have been playing it for around 4hrs today ...

It is absolutley superb, cant fault it ...

Photo graphics that never cease to amaze (even includes float and water stuff) ... and the physics are the best I have seen ....

Its very new, been out about a month and designed in the UK .... sells for £80 which over here in England is about 30% cheaper than all the others ....

Its never crashed, runs on my 3gig 1gig RAM PC like smooth velvet ..... Its a shame they dont have a demo yet, the few video clips on their site dont do it justice ... plus the latest version has a lot more models ....

(Even the fixed wing are very good, not really what I bought it for, but things like stall turns work just like real life ....)

I would say this is like Reflex - but no bugs, much more PC efficient, better physics and easier setup/menus ....

[link=http://www.phoenix-sim.com/]http://www.phoenix-sim.com/[/link]
Old 10-21-2006, 04:26 AM
jcflysrc
My Feedback: (50)

G3! Horizon is releasing one called FSOne. It looks pretty awesome on the website. Graphics are the best I've seen. Neat selection of planes. I am still using G2, however it is rare that I use it. I Usually just practice new moves three mistakes high. I did learn to hover on my sim though, and quite a few other manuvers.
Old 10-21-2006, 11:57 AM
WhtBronco

Sims are the best money you'll ever spend. G3 is very nice for both helis and planes. My kids both learned to fly on sims and it saved us lots of time and money. I was doing loops and rolls on flight 5 after using the G2 sim to learn to fly helis.
Old 10-21-2006, 01:47 PM
Daniel Z

For the 3d flyer I think there is no better way than aerofly pro deluxe, including the indoor flyers and the VPP prop posibilities, I have both G3 and AFPD and after a while I uninstalled G3
Old 10-22-2006, 09:09 AM
outmyway

I got the new Phoenix sim last week and haven been addicted since!

[link=http://www.phoenix-sim.com/]http://www.phoenix-sim.com/ [/link]

It is absolutley superb, cant fault it ...

Photo graphics that never cease to amaze (even includes float and water stuff with phto realsim water wash/wake etc even hovering a heli over water creates ripples!) ... and the physics are the best I have seen ....

Its very new, been out about a month and designed in the UK .... sells for £80 which over here in England is about 30% cheaper than all the others ....

Its never crashed, runs on my 3gig 1gig RAM PC like smooth velvet ..... Its a shame they dont have a demo yet, the few video clips on their site dont do it justice ... plus the latest version has a lot more models ....

(Even the fixed wing are very good, not really what I bought it for being more into Helis, but things like stall turns work just like real life .... the Heli's and fixed wing fly near perfect with a wide slection of both electric and petrol.)

Has a very good Heli training mode which allows practice of just collective, or individual roll or pitch ... plus an autorotation practice feature ... and a landing training mode for fixed wing ....

Very intuitive menu system ...and easy to mod/create new models etc

I would say this is like Reflex - but no bugs, much more PC efficient, better physics and easier setup/menus ....

I looked at G3 but the graphics seem artificial ... Phoenix is real photo realism...

Old 11-05-2006, 05:42 PM
dirtdiver07

When choosing a simulator it really depends on what you are looking to do with it and what your computer can handle. For flying airplanes I would recommend either the G3 or Aerofly Pro simulators, but if you are interested in flying helicopters the most I would definitely recommend the Reflex simulator. Your computer needs a minimum 2.8Ghz and good graphics card like a GeForce 7300 or similar. As far as the FS One is concerned I had the chance to fly and even though I like most of Horizon Hobby's products that the FS One is a terrible simulator. If you like bells and whistles and good graphics it is ok, but as far as realistic flight it is severely lacking. Personally, I have both the Reflex (for helicopters) and the Aerofly Pro (for airplanes).
Old 11-05-2006, 09:44 PM
hobbydude214
My Feedback: (13)

the hangar 9 sim is absoutely terrible i would pay 400 for g3.5 if they raised the price its unsurpassed
Old 11-05-2006, 11:01 PM
powerlines

I am sorry but I would have to disagree. I have flown G3 APD ( not Deluxe) and now just got FSone! I love FSone. It does take some tinkering with settings here and there and they have to make alot of patches and upgrades to go. The tuth is in the FSone support forum on here. We are all talking about our likes and dislikes there and the Support Guy from FSone is there talking with us and fixing things as we go.. I never have seen G3 do that... I even emailed G2 about a replacement disk and they never returned my email. But that is another subject..

Get FSone and enjoy helping our hobby improve!!

LATER
Old 11-05-2006, 11:57 PM
hobbydude214
My Feedback: (13)

g3 didnt do that b/c g 3 didnt suck as much
Old 11-06-2006, 01:49 PM
dirtdiver07

I don't think that people should have to go through all that trouble fixing settings and downloading patches just to get a simulator that flys good. That is what research and development is for, to fix the bugs out of a product before you introduce it. Plus, there is people who do not know how to do all that readjusting because they are not technologically advanced. The Aerofly and Reflex work out of the box without tinkering. That is what makes them better products.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:03 PM
3D-Flyer Kevin

What about clearview? The price is good and I just downloaded some more of Ken's Models and it seems to have good physics. The shockflier seems touchy on hovering, but if it isn't please say so so I can practice more on it.