Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

HELP! Jeti Heli ESC with Eclipse 7 plus VPP on my Nikitis Animal, oh flaperons too!

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

HELP! Jeti Heli ESC with Eclipse 7 plus VPP on my Nikitis Animal, oh flaperons too!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 06:02 PM
Flash41

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Jeti Heli ESC with Eclipse 7 plus VPP on my Nikitis Animal, oh flaperons too!

I know I'm dumb for using two aileron servos, but I want to test flaps, too. I'm not in comps yet, either.
OK, here's my mess. If someone can help me here I'll be relieved. This will go into my Nikitis Animal for VPP, and Flaperons, too, I hope. The 'problem' for me is how to setup the radio in conjunction with the esc programming. First, I've never had a Jeti ESC before or that program card thingy. I don't know what parts the ESC does for the radio, or vice-versa. Please explain the programming, if also possible. In the meantime, I'll talk to the manufacturers.

OK Parts Setup: Hobby-Lobby 4D Dream setup!

Nikitis Animal
EVP0834 HOLLOW SHAFT AXI 2208/34 MOTOR
JESAP18H ADVANCE PLUS 18 HELI W/ CARD
PME240 PROFESSIONAL VARIABLE PROP 9.5
Hitec ELECTRON 6 RECEIVER HITEC/FUT (+RCDXT20)
Hitec Eclipse 7
servos: HS-56 Karbonite gears for VPP; GWS Picos x2 for ailerons, HS-55s for the rest
THunder Power Prolite 910mAh 2S
adds up to 165 grams, without the TX

Dry weight plane is 80 grams, no landing gear yet

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:42 PM
Ryguy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HELP! Jeti Heli ESC with Eclipse 7 plus VPP on my Nikitis Animal, oh flaperons too!

Set the plane up like a helicopter, with two or more modes controlled by a switch. One have it set up like a regular plane; full (or near full) pitch, throttle 0 at bottom and 100 at top. Have another mode set up like a helicopter. Full down is full reverse pitch and full throttle, mid stick is 50-75% power and no pitch, and full throttle is full throttle and full pitch.

As for the flaps, I don't recommend them. I've tried them on foamies and they are pretty much worthless for any sort of manuevers on foamies. However, if you want to have a go at them, either set them up on a 3 position switch or a dial if you have one.