Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

Aviation Models Edge Profile Going "E" Power

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Aviation Models Edge Profile Going "E" Power

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 07:06 PM
cje0114
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aviation Models Edge Profile Going "E" Power

Hey guys, I need some help here. I've been flying my Aviation Models Edge 540 Profile for a little while now and absolutly love it. This thing is just wicked with my YS1.10 on the front. Anyway, I'm now building one for a buddy that I fly with. The only thing is that he wants me to do it electric. I was wondering if anyone can help me select the right power package for this thing that will equal the power of the YS running an outrunner and 5 or 6 cell Lipos. We could probably go 8 cells, but I really want to keep the weight down with 5 to 6 cell packs if at all possible.

Heres some info on the plane: http://valleyviewrc.com/Edge%20540%20Pro.htm

I've searched, but can't find any conversion info on this plane.

Thanks for any help you guys can dish out.

Chris
Old 11-05-2006, 09:41 PM
Maudib
My Feedback: (51)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aviation Models Edge Profile Going "E" Power

HiMax 6320-250 on 8s and 20x8 prop = 170 watts per lb on that plne assuming about a 8.5 lb build out. 23 oz. per sq. in. wingloading and 10+ minutes of fairly hard flight time.

Otherwise research 1600-1800 watts power systems... Hacker outrunners or Hacker/Neumotor geared options... I don't think you'll find anything that will fly it like the 110 on 5-6s though.. at least not with any flight time to speak of...

Sent ya a PM.