Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Awwww Crap!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 06:27 PM
VictoryRoll-91

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Awwww Crap!

I flew my 3d Foamy for the second time today. It's the Katana S. I really like it, and it flies great. The thing is this: The reciever in it is not very good (from a pz typhoon) The only reason I put it in there is because it has worked fine for me in the past. Today I was flyin it, and it just "stopped". Motor came to a halt, nothing worked. Luckily it glided down easily. Is this a reciever problem? I had the reciever in one other plane, and it seems like it stops working...when it's cold out. I flew my typhoon in the summer, no reciever problems. Starts getting colder, boom! nothing works. I'm hoping to get the DX6 parkflyer system for Christmas :] And maybe this will solve the problem. But I was just wondering if this was the problem. Thanks, Austin
Old 11-14-2006, 09:35 AM
WhtBronco

Default RE: Awwww Crap!

Temperature should not have that effect on the Rx. I have flown in temps over 100 and below 0 and never had a problem. I would not fly that Rx again, at least without having it checked out.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:40 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

When it shut off.... did any of the surfaces still move (meaning, was it just the motor that stopped) or was it everything?

Which Motor/ESC/Battery combo are you using?
Old 11-14-2006, 11:02 AM
VictoryRoll-91

Everything stopped. I'm might e-mail parkzone and see if I can get a new one. BUt I'll tell ya this, I am NOT using that reciever again
Old 11-14-2006, 02:15 PM
Flypaper 2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

More like the batt. they don't like the colder weather, especially up here in Canuckland Lipos are especially vulnerable. Down around 30 F about 5 mins is all you can expect. I made an envelope from that thin plastic foam that electronics come packed in. just taped together with scotch tape and velcro for the flap and velcroed to the side of the fuse on the profile fuses. It will generate enough heat to keep itself warm as long as you put it in warm to start with. Another point, if the motor shuts down from low voltage, bring the throttle back down to throttle shut off to rearm itself, then throttle back up to half throttle and it should give you enough power to make your circuit and landing. Have fun