Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

E-Flite YAK 54 3D Foamie

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

E-Flite YAK 54 3D Foamie

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 06:47 PM
Fliprob17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Flite YAK 54 3D Foamie

I have some of these on the way and would like to see if anyone else is flying them. Tips, problems? One thing I can already see I am going to have a problem with is mounting the motor I already bought. I got a 28-30-950kv Great Planes Rimfire Outrunner, the mounting bracket it comes with is a 3 blade design, more like a triangle or Y. The E-Flite motors recommended for the plane have X mounting bracket designs. Anyone mount this motor to the plane? Any pics?
Old 12-06-2006, 07:50 PM
stinger40

Default RE: E-Flite YAK 54 3D Foamie

I can totally help you. I am on my 2nd. I hit a mailbox with my first. Don't ask how. Anyway, I am flying a Park 400 Outrunner. I think that a Rimfire would be too small. As for the building, there aren't any negativities. What I did on my 2nd Yak was that I mounted the motor on the OUTSIDE of the fuse instead of the inside. I was getting too aggrevated with all the hassle if I had to work on the motor from the inside. Besides, sometimes, it would rub up against the wood. I HIGHLY recommend that you mount your Outrunner on the outside. But, it is your plane.

P.S. Look at my Member Profile. There is a picture of me hovering it at the local elementary school.

S40
Old 12-06-2006, 10:50 PM
Fliprob17

The Park 400 is rated at 10amps cont. and 13amps max. burst and 920kv. The Rimfire has the same weight and dimensions, but has a 14amp cont. rating and a 20amp max. burst w/ a 950kv rating. Which means it should put out more watts total than the Park 400 does. Anyway, we will see how she does. I was considering mounting the motor on the face of the fuse.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:29 PM
Ryguy
My Feedback: (1)

Nevermind, stupid post.