Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

Airfoilz yak or Lee Ulinger Edge

Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Airfoilz yak or Lee Ulinger Edge

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 04:46 PM
needmorepower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airfoilz yak or Lee Ulinger Edge

Hello everyone,

I am looking into buying the airfoilz yak or the Lee Ulinger Models Edge 540, and was wondering if anyone had any opinions or recommendations concerning theses planes. I am currently attending the college in NY, and am unable to fly my nitro powered airplanes on campus. So I am looking into electrics. I was also wondering if anyone knows how quickly these planes assemble and how easy they are to transport. I am new to the electric world, so any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for your time.

Justin
Old 12-08-2006, 07:01 PM
flyin_kid

Default RE: Airfoilz yak or Lee Ulinger Edge

The AirfoilZ planes will fly closer to you nitro planes and will building is around I would say is around 10 hours. The other plane will fly slower but will not fly fast as good as the AirfoilZ. It will also no be able to take as many G's as the airfoilz do because it doesnt have the strength in the wing and fuse like the AirfoilZ design. The Lee Edge will build in around 4 hours or so. Transporting is about the same on both.

Woody
Old 12-08-2006, 07:05 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

I love my Airfoilz Yak..flies awesome
Old 12-08-2006, 08:47 PM
mikeygp
My Feedback: (6)

Having owned built and flown both planes I would go with the AirfoilZ plane. It will fly much better than Lee Ulinger Planes not that his planes are bad cause they are not but the AirfoilZ does fly better. Having said that the Ulinger plane will assemble faster than the AirfoilZ not that either are hard it is just that the AirfoilZ take a little more time. But worth it in my book.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:20 AM
needmorepower

Thanks for all of your replies! Sounds like the airfoilz is the way to go. What engine are ya'll using? Also, If i were going to have to ship the plane via UPS etc, to my school after i had built it, can the wings be romoved like they can on a gas model? It looks like once there glued on, there on for good, unless you crash? The problem is, that i go to a military school and have zero space and zero building material to construct a plane. Additionaly, i cannot drve to school, since i live in TX, and go to school in NY. Thanks for your help!

- Justin
Old 12-09-2006, 10:36 AM
flyin_kid

On both planes the wings are on for good. I'm using a hacker 20 20L on my airfoilZ and it has good power.