Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Yak 55 3d

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 02:42 PM
Okacat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yak 55 3d

Hi,

I'm planning on buying a Yak 55 3d. It won't be my first plane, I already have Piper J3 Cub. The Yak itself with the motor costs 60EUR. Since I don't have anything else I have to buy it. I chose Li - Po battery 11,1V/1800mAh 15C, as it's recommended. Three Micro servos, CHARGER 20 Li-Po/Ni-Cd/Ni-MH 12V, T-4 EX 4/6/0 40MHz FUTABA radio. I still have to choose a Li-Po balancer and motor regulator. Final price will be around 300EUR that's around $400. Glow trainer with everything in the box costs almost the same. But I prefer this one because I heard it's almost indestructible and I don't have to ride far away to fly it. I'm not going to buy this now I'll probably wait a month or two, or may not even buy it. It's pricey to get into the hobby, didn't except the batteries and charger/balancer to be so expensive. What is your opinion?
Old 05-29-2007, 02:55 PM
JamieKerr

Default RE: Yak 55 3d

Yea im in the same boat as you, not first plane but want a 3D foamie, its so exspensive getting started but once you have the eletrics the planes mainly are the cheap part so all you do is just switch your electrics into your new plane etc.. Well simple as that thats what i keep telling myself lol.... Good Luck
Old 05-31-2007, 07:15 AM
packyj

I'm not so sure on shipping to your area but check out unitedhobbies.com

Can't really beat their prices on a lot of items and for things like learning 3d I can't see that spending more than what their prices are is really a good idea anyway... if you strip out a four dollar servo it's not a huge loss. Not to mention the same 4 dollar servo outperforms my hitec hs-55's without a doubt.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:45 AM
piroflip2

a Yak 55 is one hell of a jump from a Cub.
are you doing the right thing?
Old 06-01-2007, 10:30 AM
Okacat

Thanks! Unitedhobbies is really cheap And as long I remain under 1kg the postage is $30(the fast one). They don't have Yak, I was looking at another foamie:
https://www.unitedhobbies.com/UNITED...idProduct=4715
It looks good. Doesn't have profiled wings, but it should be ok. And it's postage free.
Doing the right thing? I don't know, but I think I am.

Oh and I don't know if I should get 95EUR Futaba T-4 EX 4/6/0 35MHz from my country or another $50 one from unitedhobbies. The postage is higher if I get the 50$ one.

https://www.unitedhobbies.com/UNITED...idProduct=2091 $50 one

I think I'll be going for the $50 one, because it looks ok.