Community
Search
Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

Chargers

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chargers

Greetings, I''ve recently caught the r/c eletric bug. I currently own r/c gas planes and cars. I''ve been trying to educate myself on the many different types of batteries and chargers out right now. Could anyone provide information (resources, web links, etc.) on this area of r/c and what are the better chargers, batteries, motors and ESC''s out right now. I would like to find a charger that supports charging the different types of batteries, NiCd, NiMH, LiPo and can charge more than one battery at a time. Thanks!
Old 04-14-2008, 06:52 PM

Default RE: Chargers

THE HOBBICO MKII charger is the best one ive ever owned. it does all batteries and can do 2 at a time. a triton charger is the best charger in my mind, it never overcharges, can use a balencer, and has tons of extra settings for personal use. tp li po batteries are the best li po batteries ever. they''re light, powerful, and the can be balenced, making the last longer. mega, himaxx, axi, towerpro, and electrifly motors are all good. towerpro are the cheapest and work comparably to higher end ones. unitedhobbies.com has the lowest prices for all electric stuff, all towerpro stuff is good, gws is a great company, and esc and motor companies are both the same pretty much.i hope this helps you in your new hobby! i love helpin out people here. if you have any questions for me, pm me and i will answer them as soon as i can.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I disagree with the motors. AXI, and Himaxx seem to produce the best motors, as well as EFlite. I've heard mostly bad things about the electrifly motors, as they come appart in flight. Also, Tower Pro motors seem to be of good quality.

As for lipos, I'd say that Flight Power is the best, followed by Thunder Power, then Electrifly, then EFlite.

For speed controlls, the absolute best is Castle Creations. Awesome line of receivers, speed controlls, and motor systems, which perform excellently, and are flawless in design.

GWS makes some of the best brushed motor systems around, as most of their motors are lipo friendly, as well as their speed controlls.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:24 AM

I agree with lilbanchee in the choices he said, other choices may be cheaper but you get what you paid. For the charger you can go with the triton2 or since you said your into vars the DuraTrax Ice Battery Charger will be better, this is the one I have.

Fernando