Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

3Ders are so dangerous! Brotherhood of Circle Flyers

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

3Ders are so dangerous! Brotherhood of Circle Flyers

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 06:36 PM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: 3Ders are so dangerous! Brotherhood of Circle Flyers

Oh man, where is that Avatar of the Icon eating popcorn when you need it.... ?

The state of the world is making more and more hobby forums into arm wrestling competitions hahahahhaha..

I am still trying to decide how i will survive these threads were I am on both sides of the fence, and both a victim, and criminal !!!!

This is how an alley cat on a fence gets knocked off by flying shoes and frying pans
Old 02-07-2012, 07:50 PM
mighty9
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: aussiesteve

ORIGINAL: MetallicaJunkie

keep the videos coming, it makes me feel better, as i dumb thumbed one the other day... im in the rebuilding process
Got any video? - Still shots even?

Only one in one day? - We did 2 x 50cc and 1 x 100cc in 3 hours once (A personal record - well - all 3 planes were mine but my Son broke 2 of them and I broke one)

Nobody does it as well as [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkTRSGZyjPA&NR=1&feature=endscreen]This group of flyers[/link]

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0-HQX7qm38]And another[/link]

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n63lfsXp998&NR=1&feature=endscreen]Yet another[/link]
I love how in the last one they all walk around pouting like their was a pilot that was killed in the jet.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:58 PM
3DHUSKER
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL: foodstick

Oh man, where is that Avatar of the Icon eating popcorn when you need it.... ?

The state of the world is making more and more hobby forums into arm wrestling competitions hahahahhaha..

I am still trying to decide how i will survive these threads were I am on both sides of the fence, and both a victim, and criminal !!!!

This is how an alley cat on a fence gets knocked off by flying shoes and frying pans
No...... Once you join the dark side there is no fence to ride or is there any turning back.
You know EXACTLY where you belong.
It becomes those who can and those who cannot.
Those who cannot become bitter and form the committee of THEY.
THEY always have nothing good to say. Therefore you will know who THEY are.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:09 PM
3DHUSKER

ORIGINAL: mighty9

ORIGINAL: aussiesteve

keep the videos coming, it makes me feel better, as i dumb thumbed one the other day... im in the rebuilding process

Only one in one day? - We did 2 x 50cc and 1 x 100cc in 3 hours once (A personal record - well - all 3 planes were mine but my Son broke 2 of them and I broke one)

Nobody does it as well as [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkTRSGZyjPA&NR=1&feature=endscreen]This group of flyers[/link]

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0-HQX7qm38]And another[/link]

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n63lfsXp998&NR=1&feature=endscreen]Yet another[/link]
I love how in the last one they all walk around pouting like their was a pilot that was killed in the jet.
Nothing like some good crashing, as long as its not me.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:49 PM
crash99
My Feedback: (3)

Crashing? I have video of you crashing my friend. I still say you neet to always wear a cup. I think you need to watch the video again to learn how to crash like a CF.

Crash99

Old 02-08-2012, 02:58 PM
3DHUSKER

ORIGINAL: crash99

Crashing? I have video of you crashing my friend. I still say you neet to always wear a cup. I think you need to watch the video again to learn how to crash like a CF.

Crash99

My left wingtip went in first didn't it?
Old 02-17-2012, 10:13 PM
OldRookie
My Feedback: (13)

[quote]ORIGINAL: aussiesteve

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n63lf...ture=endscreen

No wonder he crashed, he was flying Spektrum[X(]

Greg
Old 02-20-2012, 06:34 PM
crash99

3DHusker is right. Those who can do and those who can't hate. Its OK due to thr AMA looks at the 3Ders the safest flyers in the hobby. In the past 2 years no 3D airplanes were in the clames filed to the AMA.

Also the only group that is growing. I did first placed this thread in the AMA thread. Dont waste time looking for it.

I was trying to make light of the 3D hate towards to the 3D flying. I was just showing the problem. When a 3Ders fly they fly low and slow. Crash? right over the runway or in the field. Non 3Ders crash all over to include the pits. But somehow the 3Ders are the problem in our hobby.

Crash99
Old 02-21-2012, 08:24 PM
cfircav8r
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only hate I have towards any flyer is when any plane is flown between the runway and the pilots stations in any manner for any length of time, and then when safety concerns are raised they get indignant and use the "your just jealous of my awesomeness," or "nothing has happened yet" defense. I have just found this indignation more in 3D as of late.

The way I see it is most of the Hate on these threads has been propagated by Crash and his childish attempts at egging it on. I enjoy following many of the 3D threads and have found many great ideas, but I get tired of the attitude of a few towards anything and anyone not directly participating in 3D. Crash you profess to be involved with all aspects of the hobby and open to all who would participate, yet you are quickly alienating a large percentage of R/C. We can all get along in your world as long as we don't complain about a 3D god trying to part our hair with his prop wash, after all he hasn't hurt anyone... yet.

I have flown all over the country, at slope, thermal, sport, scale, outlaw, pattern, heli, etc... fields. I have, on the whole, met a great bunch of people that love what they do and want to share it. Of the problems I have seen, there has been one common trait. Their way was the only way and they were the most important person there.

You want to end the hate? Well it isn't going to go away totally, we are dealing with humans after all, but you can mitigate many of the problems with some courtesy and diplomacy. Find out what the problem is and work to find a solution instead of just belittling and arguing. You will find that most just want their concerns acknowledged and to feel that they have been met at least half way. If you are going to share your hobby with others then compromises will need to be made, or you just need to fly alone.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:50 PM
crash99

Wow, It seem you have gone to all the wrong places. Just to give you an answer on what I took up last Sunday. The first 2 flights were an eagle 2 due to circle flyers were flying. Then 2 flights on a new Sabre 47 profile. The Sabre profile is better than I thought it would be. Its no Slick or Mojo but, I enjoyed flying it low with sone rudder touching. To finish up was the eagle 2 to finish out the fuel that was left in the tank.

I would have got some E-flying going as well but I let the batteries at hone.

Its funny, it OK to bash the 3Der but, when anything is said about 3D hate .......... The the post appears using words like jealous, awesomeness, safety, indignant and so on. I guess I will go with what was said earler by one of the best flyers out there. Those who can do and those who can't ...... I just know one thing for sure, I can not stop the hate towards 3Ders. I guess jealous people get mad when someone flys like they fly and people enjoy watching it.

Crash99

Old 02-23-2012, 01:07 PM
thatairplaneguy
My Feedback: (50)

Fly anywhere, Fly low, Fly 3D or Die! Thats my code of conduct!
Old 02-23-2012, 05:43 PM
cfircav8r

Again Crash you have not actually read anything I have written. At no point have I said 3D flyers are the problem and every one of my words is aimed at inconsiderate flyers. We have inconsiderate flyers in every aspect of the hobby, but fortunitely they are few and far between. I have pointed out though, that you seem to be trying to start a campain of hate towards the largest segment of the hobby, the "circle flyers," to which you have lumped everyone not participating in 3D flying. The statements you keep making appear to be aimed at increasing your self esteem by belittling others. Anyone that claims to be better and/or safer just because of the type of flying they do is guilty of the same hate you feel is aimed at 3D, and you have proven to be one of the most prolific yet. I have always said that every type of flying is good flying as long as it is done reasonably safely, and with consideration for others, but that does not seem good enough for you. I must drink the Kool Aid or I'm a hater. Do the hobby a favor, stop the hate with you.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:50 PM
wyo69cowboy
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: cfircav8r

Again Crash you have not actually read anything I have written. At no point have I said 3D flyers are the problem and every one of my words is aimed at inconsiderate flyers. We have inconsiderate flyers in every aspect of the hobby, but fortunitely they are few and far between. I have pointed out though, that you seem to be trying to start a campain of hate towards the largest segment of the hobby, the ''circle flyers,'' to which you have lumped everyone not participating in 3D flying. The statements you keep making appear to be aimed at increasing your self esteem by belittling others. Anyone that claims to be better and/or safer just because of the type of flying they do is guilty of the same hate you feel is aimed at 3D, and you have proven to be one of the most prolific yet. I have always said that every type of flying is good flying as long as it is done reasonably safely, and with consideration for others, but that does not seem good enough for you. I must drink the Kool Aid or I'm a hater. Do the hobby a favor, stop the hate with you.
You have a point, to a degree. However, it's also largely prevalent in "CJ's" or other fliers as well: if you don't do it like they do, you're wrong! People love to build themselves up by putting others down. Circle fliers do, blaming 3D'ers for a variety of unsafe practices, and it's just as easy for a 3D'er to point out similar problems with circle fliers. I agree with the consideration point: if we all just thought a LITTLE about what the other guy wants or needs, we might avert some of the hate...
Old 02-24-2012, 03:25 AM
Lifer

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

" if we all just thought a LITTLE about what the other guy wants or needs, we might avert some of the hate..."

Do you mean to say "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

I know Crash from the days I lived near Eldon, Missouri and I am suprised to see all of this unfold. He is a good man, and a nice guy. I do not understand why he is fostering all of this. Let it go!

Old 02-24-2012, 05:17 AM
thatairplaneguy

I don't think he's fostering anything. Just answering the questions and comments raised. No one in the rc hobby actually hates anyone else because of what or how they fly because we all love aviation and everything about it and love controlling our own flying machines in anyway we want.

It's just sometimes fun to poke a little fun at others just like in any other hobby or sport. Just unwad your panties, grab your sense of humor and look up the meaning of sarcasm, sit back an join in on a little fun that is not meant to be taken too literally. If you can't, than YOU stop the hate because everyone was having a good time until you posted, cfircav8r
Old 02-24-2012, 08:18 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

ORIGINAL: thatairplaneguy

I don't think he's fostering anything. Just answering the questions and comments raised. No one in the rc hobby actually hates anyone else because of what or how they fly because we all love aviation and everything about it and love controlling our own flying machines in anyway we want.

It's just sometimes fun to poke a little fun at others just like in any other hobby or sport. Just unwad your panties, grab your sense of humor and look up the meaning of sarcasm, sit back an join in on a little fun that is not meant to be taken too literally. If you can't, than YOU stop the hate because everyone was having a good time until you posted, cfircav8r

[:@] One thread about it ? , , Yea , maybe good natured 'ribbin .... BUT !!! .... This is your buddy crash99's at least second one , the other one being the one that I got squashed in the AMA forum , and at the point where someone is making multiple threads in different forums and weird lame videos is the point where "good natured humor" ENDS and "Crusade" begins !

Now , I don't know what things are like where you all fly , and if your looking down your noses at ANY rc activity , I'm glad you don't fly up here in the northeast where we all seem to get along just fine . The only "3D vs Circle flyer" crap I ever see is here on RCU , started by your buddy crash , and not at the field . We have flyers who do a bit of everything depending on mood , and yes , some even actually fly those dreaded Helicopters and do the original "circle flying" , , CONTROL LINE !!! ..... And imagine this , NO fistfights ever break out over who's flyin what

As a guy who flys both 3D and circles , and sometimes even 3D in circles , I find Crash99's schtick to be gettin more than a bit tired ......... but you all have fun flamin each other over it , I've got some 3D circle flyin to go get done ..........
Old 02-24-2012, 08:53 AM
kerwin50

Yes 3D flyers are very dangerous. they get out there and start doing all this 3D flying and the next thing you know your out there buying a 3D plane and your wallet starts getting dangerously low.
I know they did that to me.
Even though I'll never be a 3D flyer and always be a want to be.
O the pain of it all.
Why couldn't you guys have left me as a circle flyer instead of getting out there and having all this fun and even providing all this fun to others.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:06 AM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

glad to see you have humor !!! it's so childish to complain about how one style of rc flying is more dangerous than another.the fact is that any remote controlled plane can potentially be lethal in the wrong hands.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:54 AM
cfircav8r

ORIGINAL: thatairplaneguy

Ok, lets look at the definition.

sarcasm (ˈsɑːkæzəm)

— n
1. mocking, contemptuous, or ironic language intended to convey scorn or insult
2. the use or tone of such language

Doesn't really sound like a little good natured ribbing to me. I am not saying a little rivalry is bad but Crash has been taking it a little to far. The vast majority of what I have seen is good natured ribbing, and I get a good laugh at it. The difference between Crash and I is I am addressing the individual while he is generalizing towards an entire group. We are all different with different abilities, likes and dislikes. If you have a problem with an individuals attitude address that individual, not his entire group.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:25 PM
thatairplaneguy

You guys need to go have some fun coz u ain't getting it here so let us alone. I fly in two different clubs an noone has ever had a problem with my flying 3D or anything else as long as I stay out of the Pitts and flight line unless I'm flying a UM. No flights or swings either. I fly gliders, CL, scale, race, used to fly pattern and imac and now I fly helis and slabs and parkies. I love it all. But there are some folks that do try to ruin things for others for what ever reason they feel the need to, so instead of raising more heck getting back at them or arguing we just take it in stride and let it turn humorous because there are different kinds of humor as well. Don't call anyone childish for it because you don't see any humor.

To me and most of us posting here its about a little fun. I give it and receive hell as we'll at my field. It's all in good fun and if you aren't having fun or getting a laugh then unsubscribe and we'll have fun without you, man. No hard feelings or ill ment words so get over it and laugh or begone. Don't take offense for everyone else's feelings.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:53 PM
crash99

So, I take it that cfircav8r will not be asking me over for dinner any time soon. []

OK, guys that fly in a circle should not be called circle flyers. Guys that fly with strings connect to their planes should not be called string flyers. Those guys that fly 3D should not be called 3Ders and the Profile guys that flip and flop their planes should not be called flip flop flyers. hum ...... so don't call it what it is. I do it all except string flying.

It is, what it is. Someone needs to understand humor. Its funny when you 3D bash its OK but, when you point out the 3D hate, then you turn into a bad guy. Well in the thoughts of the 3D haters. Thats fine, yes I am guilty of ribbing the anti 3Ders for fun. I would jump in if I saw a AD, Sport Fly or Fun fly at X field. No warbirds by club rules. You dont see that. You do see Fun Fly at X field, no 3D permitted by club rules. 3D hate.

Look, Here in Mid Missouri, it seems everyone gets along for the most part. At my field it is a simple fact we all get along. Everyone enjoys visting here and flying with us. Super fast flying, warbird flying 3D / Flip Flop flying, glider type flying, park flyers flyings and so on. There is no anti anything here.

Well I need to get going and get some planes ready for some indoor flying tonight.

Crash99
Old 02-24-2012, 04:20 PM
cfircav8r

Crash, please point to one time that I 3D bashed. I have for the most part sided with you on the fact that we need to take everyone at face value. In my mind there is no such thing as a 3D flyer, circle flyer, string flyer, etc... there are flyers. Some like different types of A/C and have different styles, but we all enjoy flying. My problem is when ANYONE says I have to accept a higher risk than I am comfortable with just so they can enjoy their flying. YOU keep inferring that I am hating on 3D when I say this, because I have a problem accepting your opinion that 3D pilots are inherently immune from causing harm. This does not equate to me saying I think 3D pilots are more or less dangerous.

P.S. If I am ever in MO I would love to fly with you and sit down to dinner afterwards to disscuss the great day of flying we just had.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:32 PM
crash99

I plan to come up to Iowa in a few months. Maybe you will join me in flying.

Crash99
Old 02-24-2012, 08:36 PM
cfircav8r

If I can get out that would be great. It is the River City RC club and we fly in Mason City at the North Iowa Fair Grounds East side of the track.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:34 PM
SeaJay

Ok, Fellas I am a confused flyer, as I don't know my place... I thought I was a Circle flyer, but most of my circles are on the Vertical axis, and not the Horizontal axis!! am I a budding 3D pilot, or a Circle flyer with Dyscirclia??

BTW, Crash... loved the Narriation in that Vid!!

Craig.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.