Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

3D Flying Training Videos

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

3D Flying Training Videos

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 08:57 PM
angelo2600602

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 3D Flying Training Videos

I would love to see the inverted harrier explained;and how we can transition into a harrier roling circle.I'm definetely still a newbie for 3D and although i can hover and torque roll(most of the time).I really need some help with these two manuevers since these are the holly grail of 3D.
Old 10-06-2003, 04:52 PM
SunShyne
My Feedback: (68)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any status on the vids gents? im shocked Ryan hasnt chimed in yet either Ryan.

matt
Old 10-06-2003, 05:21 PM
nitro wing
My Feedback: (1)

I thought the "Wring it out" by Dave Patrick years ago made alot of sense.A similar format showing 3 D stunts would work well
Old 10-06-2003, 05:29 PM
J B Hamilton

www.MikeSauls.com
Old 10-06-2003, 10:43 PM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

Well we are currently going to start up soon here on the videos, my friend Josh I believe is getting a new, much improved camera, which will make viewing them much nicer and easier on the eyes. We are still going to do it for sure, probably December is when you can expect them to be out or we will post them weekly as we do it. Either way, they are coming.
Old 10-06-2003, 11:10 PM
glowplug

I think this is an EXCELLENT idea Shortman........to throw my $.02 in, I'd like to see the control inputs, then see the maneuver performed, THEN, show it again, but edit it so that you see the first part of the manuever, and then the corresponding stick movement, then the 2nd part of the manuever, with the corresponding stick movement...etc......basically break it down into steps, and show the results of the stick movements in each step.
Old 10-07-2003, 08:13 AM
adamtheace

Great Idea look foward to seeing the videos
Old 10-07-2003, 09:04 AM
Aruba

Great, Cant wait,

John Salas
Old 10-07-2003, 10:11 AM
SunShyne

I think this is an EXCELLENT idea Shortman........to throw my $.02 in, I'd like to see the control inputs, then see the maneuver performed, THEN, show it again, but edit it so that you see the first part of the manuever, and then the corresponding stick movement, then the 2nd part of the manuever, with the corresponding stick movement...etc......basically break it down into steps, and show the results of the stick movements in each step.
maybe a split screen showing the plane in the move and the other half the hands on the controls so we can see what is going on.
Old 10-07-2003, 02:28 PM
glowplug

ORIGINAL: DiabloKid

maybe a split screen showing the plane in the move and the other half the hands on the controls so we can see what is going on.

Diablo, I like it!!
Old 10-07-2003, 02:32 PM
southern_touch9
My Feedback: (3)

Aside from what everybody else has said, maybe you can take some idea from the flying cirkus boys. I love the whole new age bad @$$ in your face style they present with their vids.
Old 10-07-2003, 03:28 PM
glowplug

southern_touch9, I'm not familiar with those guys......are the vids on the web or can you purchase them on VHS/DVD?

Old 10-07-2003, 04:04 PM
3DRC
My Feedback: (3)

A buddy and myself started a project to do just this a couple of years ago. I would suggest that you do a split screne, the manever on one side and a shot of the controls on the other. That way you can see what is going on and why. It is a big venture. It took too much time to do and handle a real job too.

Bean
Old 10-07-2003, 04:09 PM
Flyfalcons

Hmmm, between JohnVH and I, we have two cameras. That would allow filming the exact same maneuver while watching the plane AND the sticks. Otherwise it's a matter of trying to fly the maneuver exactly the same both times.
Old 10-07-2003, 06:24 PM
da_man
My Feedback: (30)

I would like to see

blenders,
knife edge spins
parachutes
elevators
waterfalls

I would also like to see the control surfaces at the full deflection on the ground. This is the greatest thing I ever heard of. Since I have a fast modem I would like them in the best quality possible and lenthy.
Old 10-07-2003, 06:35 PM
0tter
My Feedback: (39)

I really think the idea of sticks and maneuvers on the same screen is a great idea! I can wait to see some of the stuff you are able to produce!!
Old 10-07-2003, 08:18 PM
SunShyne

Hmmm, between JohnVH and I, we have two cameras. That would allow filming the exact same maneuver while watching the plane AND the sticks. Otherwise it's a matter of trying to fly the maneuver exactly the same both times.
do it Ryan!! love to see the vids! [:-]
Old 02-08-2004, 11:19 AM
Joe McBride
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: RE: 3D Flying Training Videos

Hey glowplug,

Yes the flying cirkus vids are on the web. You can go here to check them out:

www.flyingcirkus.com

feel free to drop a note on the forum to tell us what you think, what pics vids you might have etc.

"Smokin" Joe McBride
Old 02-08-2004, 11:25 AM
mAvRiCk-inactive

Hey shorty dan here...i can help ya out if yo need any. What planes will you do this with. Carden/H9 Edge/FF Yak or something. Just outta curiosity

Peace man

Dan
Old 02-10-2004, 09:31 PM
mithrandir
My Feedback: (2)

What?... no mention of a Knife Edge Spin?... AKA Hanno Screw.... This is one of the coolist looking stunts there is. My Chief Aircraft Katana is a bit tricky to get into one, but once there... it pivots nearly on the wing spar axis. I enter it like this:

Establish a vertical upline, reduce power to idle, as you get to zero airspeed, increase power, right at point of just about hovering, stab full (High rates on all controls) right rudder, at 90 degrees of yaw rotation, get off rudder, full down elevator, 70% left aileron and full power. Many planes can simply enter from a down line into a shoulder roll (Both sticks forward left corner) and add power... sometimes more rudder, sometimes less or no rudder... play with the ailerons too... Mostly a Power/Gyroscopic maneuver!

This would be a great stunt for your video... not hard, but one of the more visually appealing, rarely mentioned from what I can see......
Old 02-10-2004, 10:16 PM
TheDude

Sounds like a great idea!
Old 02-10-2004, 10:57 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: DiabloKid

Yep this is what I would like to see. Then slow motion the split screen to be able to follow it.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:36 PM
Shortman
My Feedback: (21)

Josh will be doing the 3D manuevers with either the 40% Carden Edge 540 or his newest 38% Colombo Anderson Extra 300L. We have not forgot about doing it, just been getting planes built and having some winter fun. We will be doing much more then just simple blenders, walls, elevators, harrier, hover, torque roll, inverted harriers... we will be happy to show some of the newest and most difficult manuevers too, like harrier rolling circles with multiple snaps or change in direction and so forth. It will be a little while longer though. I personally, dont know if showing a camera view of the transmitter will help you.. why, because you will not even be able to watch the video and the inputs at the same time, especially when doing manuevers such as harrier rolling circles. I guess we can try though
Old 02-10-2004, 11:46 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: AAAA

Hey glowplug,

Yes the flying cirkus vids are on the web. You can go here to check them out:

www.flyingcirkus.com

feel free to drop a note on the forum to tell us what you think, what pics vids you might have etc.

"Smokin" Joe McBride
Those are cool vid's dude. Nice site.

Joe