Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Mini 3D needed experiance

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Mini 3D needed experiance

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2003, 08:51 AM
epeltz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini 3D needed experiance

Hi all,
I am going into my fourth full year of RC flying and have been looking for a plane that can stay together and left in my truck to fly during lunch or after work when conditions are good (without going home and spending and hour to load up). I also want to learn more areobatics as well as start learning 3D monevers. Here is what I have been flying so far as well as using the G2 Sim during winter months:

Basic (Flat bottom wing) trainer
Avistar semi semitrical wing
GP 40 size super sportster
4*60 arf

The only plane that i did real damage was the Avistar which i was flying each day before the sportster to get the bugs out and just pushed it to much doing aerobatics. I usally fly most of the spring and summer with the recomended low rates and use the high rate by the mid summer to fall of each year. I also have a Yellow .30 size 300 in my basement almost ready to go. I personally like the smaller planes while my life is busy and i only have a small Ranger to haul this stuff around. I priced every thing out and with the .25La to start I can have this plane flying for just under $300 bucks. I have always tried to take it slow and not buy too much plane for my abilities, but figure this one is not that much. Also if I have all the equipment and I crash it while learning 3D I can replace the plane for under 100 bucks. For those of you that can help I would love to know if this plane is just too much from the others I have flown and if so what is a good one to start with. I figure there will be mistakes while learning the 3D stuff. Also I have a Futab 9c with triple rates so I was thinking of starting out slow on very low rates and moving up each month until I feel comfortable on high rates.

Thanks for any help
Old 12-05-2003, 09:01 AM
stomper
My Feedback: (20)

Default RE: Mini 3D needed experiance

This might fit your needs? A Mini 3D by Extreme Flight

http://www.extremeflightrc.com/product_html/Mini3D.htm

You could use your 25 LA in her.
Old 12-05-2003, 09:43 AM
epeltz

That is the specific plane I was referring to. I wanted to know if that particular plane would be OK for my experience level. Thanks again
Old 12-05-2003, 11:22 AM
stomper
My Feedback: (20)

OOPS
sorry my bad!

Extreme Flight is just now releasing these planes so not many have them set up yet.
You might want to PM Wayne Geffon and ask him what he thinks of them.
Old 12-05-2003, 11:56 AM
wgeffon
My Feedback: (4)

EPELTZ,

The mini should be fine for you. I would just set it up VERY conservatively on throws at first. Its meant to be a very maneuverable plane.
Super low rates and slow flying speeds should be fine to start off with.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.