Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

CMPro On The EDGE 540T

Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

CMPro On The EDGE 540T

Old 06-08-2004, 04:07 AM
RustyTumbles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CMPro On The EDGE 540T

I Have decided to go for the CMPro Edge 540t 69" ARF as my new 3D bird! I jsut wanted to ask a few questions before I buy....

The kit asks for a 90-108 2stroke motor. I was thinking of using a moki 1.35 or an OS120. Which motor would be beter for 3D? and what size prop should I run for a good strong pull vertical? Are there any mods to do to the model while building?

Any other hints or tips would be good.........
Old 06-08-2004, 11:29 AM
Shahid

Default RE: CMPro On The EDGE 540T

I've seen a YS working and it has incredible power. Though is 25% hard to find in Australia? Or is it just expansive like in here in UK.

But if you can obtain the engine I've heard its as powerful as the OS120 you are after.

Good luck.
Old 06-09-2004, 01:49 AM
NZ Scythe

You could put an OS 160 in it and it still wouldn't 3D!

I had one last year and I wouldn't reccomend them to anyone! (sorry if you have already bought one..)

It was way to heavy for the size of it and the construction was poor (glue joints letting go in flight) I got a lot of flak about the airfoil... basically I think a 12yr old chineese child was asked to draw a picture of a wing and they went from there...

The control surfaces were way too small for 3D and because of the weight you would have to really overpower it to have any fun. I had an ASP 1.20 which I admit was a cheep engine, but I since sold it to another modeller and he put a similar size engine in it. I had a fly of it when it was set up and it was still a pig.

The colour scheme was terrible also - I got the american flag design but it had the same layout top and bottom so it was not good for aerobatics.

I hope I haven't put you off ARF's - I have since bought a couple of ZN Line models, much more expensive but they fly soo much better and the construction is way better that that of the Asian brands.
Old 06-09-2004, 03:05 AM
RustyTumbles

What about a hangar 9 or minicraft edge 540? I know its bigger but I could put a moki 1.8 or an OS160fx in that!! I have seen them 3d so I know it will with the right engine and prop combo! What do you guys think??
Old 06-09-2004, 05:58 AM
NZ Scythe

Yeah, from what I've read it could be good - I think it is slightly on the heavy side also but certainly better than the cmpro edge.

I don't know how easy they are to get in aussie? I was going to have to import one to new zealand when I was loking at buying one last year...

Let us know how you get on
Old 06-10-2004, 04:00 AM
RustyTumbles

Theres a guy at my club that has one and he bought his from Hstore in sydney. There are listed on the website, however it is under the minicraft not hangar 9!!
Not sure what motor he has in his, I'll have to ask...

But it 3ds really well.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:31 AM
stuartflys

Hi people,

Ive just got a second hand CMPro Edge 540T as descrbed above. Does anyone have the weight and c of g for this aircraft as the instructions didnt come with the it, and I have put a massive Super Tigre 3000 in it. - Its quite nose heavy!

Thanks,

Stu
Old 03-01-2006, 01:41 PM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

basically I think a 12yr old chineese child was ...
12 yr old Chineese child is probably better in math and could do precesion drawing better then most highschool graduates in the US[&:]...

but ya, CMP only cares for the look, probably has a super heavy fiberglass fuse as well
Old 03-01-2006, 10:09 PM
tIANci

I don't know what you are whining about but when I saw the CMPro Edge fly it was fine. Two of my pals have them and one is with a TT120 2C and the other an OS120 4C. The 4C guy is a newbie and he is flying it well. Both have ample power.

This plane is not meant to be a 3D bird, not at all. Heavy? I think the wing loading is ok for an aerobatic plane, let's not compare it with say the H9 Extra 260. If this is a heavy plane then what are MidWest kits like?

Oh yes ... DiscoWings is correct ... Chinese students do mental arithmetics, they can't afford calculators.
Old 09-29-2006, 04:38 AM
waterfalls
My Feedback: (26)

Hey Rusty, here's a word from someone who owns that bird, Me.

I've built and flown over 60 different airplanes, and CMPRO edge 540T is the best 3-D bird I've flown yet.
The control surfaces are plenty big enough. Try a waterfall and torque roll and you'll see what I mean.
I fly mine with a Saito 125 and hover at 60% throttle.
Careful though, when this plane is nose heavy it doesn't fly well. Set your CG for "tailheavy" according to the manual.

If you any Questions, let me know. I took a chance on this plane and It's the easiest 3-Der I've had in my hanger to this day.
let me know if this helps.
-nate
Old 11-07-2007, 08:46 AM
cosmospho

Whats the CG on your plane "waterfalls" ?? I find the plane slow flying and it drops its tail when I make turns.... I have to turn with the rudder just as a Cub, otherwise it drops the tail.....

Also how is the roll-rate on your plane, mine is really slow, maybe it won't even make 1 roll per second... I am wondering if its nose heavy but I have no indication of what the CG should be.... Please help....
Old 11-10-2007, 02:04 AM
tonyswsports

hi every one i also fly CMPRO models & they fly VERY GOOD!!!!
There is many setup u yave to do the book say for normal fly for 3d you yave to move the CG to 30% of the win with the book say 28% for sport fly!!
controls you hav to use at low rate as the book & for 3d as much you can get!!!

my models fly very good as a sport fly & 3d for ex. the cmpro extra .50 with 145cm. win span i use magnum .70rfs & 2 servos at the elev. the CG at the book is 95mm to 100mm the 100mm is not good for this model!! all cmpro hav to recheck the CG at 28% & controls as the book for the 1st fly then after some flights you get some exp. with this model you can move the CG to 30% & controls at maximum!!